• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    So, if a family member is in town for the holidays and gets a new gun for Christmas, it's poor planning on your part for not having the dies, brass and bullets waiting around for you to reload them? :rolleyes:

A business person has every right to take time off, and even to give his employees time off, but consumers have every right to take their business elsewhere when a shop isn't open during the most common shopping days of the year.

I suppose common everyday factory ammo wasn't good enough for the family member, where you could just go almost ANYWHERE to pick up a box or two, so instead we get an Internet rant about bad business being closed when you needed him most?:rolleyes:

Again, maybe it is the most common shopping time of the year, for SOME. Others don't shop at all, and yet others use it as their vacation! I shut my business down during Christmas and New Years because it's a pain in the ass trying to do my job with all the shoppers! I've never had a customer run crying to the Internet about my bad business practices?:rolleyes:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I suppose common everyday factory ammo wasn't good enough for the family member, where you could just go almost ANYWHERE to pick up a box or two, so instead we get an Internet rant about bad business being closed when you needed him most?:rolleyes:

Again, maybe it is the most common shopping time of the year, for SOME. Others don't shop at all, and yet others use it as their vacation! I shut my business down during Christmas and New Years because it's a pain in the ass trying to do my job with all the shoppers! I've never had a customer run crying to the Internet about my bad business practices?:rolleyes:

12 years of running a business that was mostly wholesale manufacturing with a little retail has taught me that no matter how you run your business, there is always someone who is happy to tell you exactly how you should run it, and there is always someone who is unhappy how you run it no matter what you do. Often times those latter people are in direct odds with each other. I do enjoy helping people and trying to figure out what I made that worked best for their needs and often would go well out my way to get them set up, occasionally at a loss for my business, but the one in a hundred customer who was just never happy and had to let me know exactly why made the overall experience one that convinced me to sell my business. Andrew is a better business owner than most I know, but I have a pretty good idea why the small business owner is going away: it's much easier to be a faceless corporation where the never happy customer can beat on you all they want.

And yes, every business can operate better. The point isn't that criticism is necessarily bad, but that in order to stick with it the owner is going to need very thick skin.

Last edited:

Flinttim

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Just in the last two years I have decided to be closed over the holidays. I run a one man shop (I'm a trimmer) and when I shut down so does the $$$. But after years and years (43) of maybe two weeks off a year I finally figured out that there was more to life than working.I have not been less than 1 month behind in my shop for three years and when I take off one week that puts me 5 weeks behind total.But dammit, a fellow needs some time for himself. Unfortunately we live in a WalMart World where everyone expects all businesses to be open 24/7/365. It's not important that a stranger needs a day off now and then, it's more important that I can buy socks at 2am or a six pack of beer at 4 in the morning.Me me me me !. And as has happened in the past two years, when I go back in on Jan 5th and reopen some time that day some ass will come in and tell me how he came by my shop on Dec 26th and I WAS NOT OPEN !. When I ask him what he was doing coming by my shop on Dec 26th he will brag about how he gets 14 paid days off a year and 5 weeks vacation.

Squirt239

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    So, if a family member is in town for the holidays and gets a new gun for Christmas, it's poor planning on your part for not having the dies, brass and bullets waiting around for you to reload them? :rolleyes:

A business person has every right to take time off, and even to give his employees time off, but consumers have every right to take their business elsewhere when a shop isn't open during the most common shopping days of the year.

One of the GREAT things about having a true reloading shop in the area is that we can go get what we need, when we need it. Before Andrew got his shop up and running, I ordered 90% of the stuff I needed online. I'm willing to pay a little extra to support his business with my patronage because I like having a local option, but how valuable is that local option if they aren't open on those rare occasions when I actually need something right away?

I'll put it like this: Let's say Profire decides they REALLY value their employees' time and will only be open Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Frankly, I was frustrated that I could not go spend my money at Profire, because I like Andrew, I like the way he (usually) conducts business, and I have a vested interest in him keeping his doors open. However, he let some of his customers down over the holidays...plain n' simple. The next time I want to go there around some kind of holiday, I'll be wondering in the back of my mind if they're going to be open or not.

One last thing and then I'll shut up on this: I tried calling their number and it just kept ringing. There was no out-going voicemail message letting people know they were closed for a few days. That's bad business.

Me thinks I'd be ok with losing your business if there is so much wrong with my business. Sounds to me that he's not hurting for business if he can close down during "the most important shopping days of the year...."

Poncho53

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2013
    Hammond
    Good to hear not closed for good which is what I immediately though when reading this thread. I know they ran into some bad luck a bit ago and am glad to hear that they apparently got that squared away.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I hope the ownership and employees enjoyed their time off, and that they had a very merry Christmas. I will be doing business with them for the first time after the first of the year. Ironically, I don't think they lost business because of this thread. They will be gaining mine.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Andrew and his crew run a great business and have a loyal customer base that grows daily. They offer awesome products at very competitive prices, hence the consistent turn over of product. They work real hard to keep the shelves as full of product as they can get and deserve some down time with the family. Hopefully they were stocked up before the vacation because once they open the doors, the shelves will be emptying fast!

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I thought Black Friday was the most common shopping day of the year? Didn't realize this time of the year was the most common.

I will adjust my shopping habits accordingly next year. Learned something on INGO!

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I'm encouraged that so many will continue to support Profire with their patronage, and disappointed that this same community would castigate anyone who dares question anything they do.

For the record: I will keep buying things at Profire, and I will keep calling things the way I see them. I think it was a lousy business decision, poorly communicated and executed. That's just my opinion, but if it had been any of YOU who wanted to buy something, and discovered they were closed, you might see it differently. I hope this is not a harbinger of things to come, for Profire or INGO.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    I'm encouraged that so many will continue to support Profire with their patronage, and disappointed that this same community would castigate anyone who dares question anything they do.

For the record: I will keep buying things at Profire, and I will keep calling things the way I see them. I think it was a lousy business decision, poorly communicated and executed. That's just my opinion, but if it had been any of YOU who wanted to buy something, and discovered they were closed, you might see it differently. I hope this is not a harbinger of things to come, for Profire or INGO.

It was posted on here and I also saw it posted on Facebook. It did not make the headlines or live at five though as it was bumped by a plane crash or something.

mpd

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    Westfield
    Because that is what good employers do. They value their people more than the all mighty $.

That may be so, but I was forced to go buy dies and bullets at Bradis II so I could load some 38 Special rounds yesterday. I respect a proprietor's right to close his doors when he chooses, but I hope Andrew understands how much business, current and future, might be lost. He could have kept 1 or 2 guys there to have the shop open and still given everyone time off during the holidays.

Couldn't agree more... Thank you for standing up for your convictions.

I'll probably be there friday afternoon buying bullets.

geno2k

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2011
    I applaud them for giving the employee's the time off. I only wish it had been on their website. I had planned a trip down there for today. I was lucky and spotted this last night and saved myself a trip.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    It was posted on here and I also saw it posted on Facebook. It did not make the headlines or live at five though as it was bumped by a plane crash or something.

I check the reloading section of this forum more or less daily. In fact, this is where I first became aware of Andrew's services; before he opened the original shop of Kentucky Ave. If it was posted here, it must have been in their own page. Oh well...it's not the end of the world or anything.

boileralum

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Indy
    It seems to be a great amount of irony to me that someone would complain about a business not being open without updating their webpage (which most small business owners farm out and don't have a lot of direct control over), when on the same website where said non-customer is complaining, in the section related to that vendor, is this: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/profire-arms-supply-llc/369685-christmas-holiday-hours.html

I am sorry that you are so unhappy with the rest of your life that you have to come here and complain that a business owner is actually decent enough to his employees to give them time off for the holidays. I hope 2015 turns out to be a happier year for you.

MickeyBlueEyes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    BFE, Indiana
    well, some people even bought AR-15's for over $2000. You buy what you want to buy, when you want to buy it. A store has a right to post hours, and load a trailer full of class 3 firearms and all that jazz. The store's actions dictate how much business it gets. When a store contributes to it's own defamation with poor security, well, it helps me draw my own conclusions.

maverick5990

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2013
    Plainfield
    well, some people even bought AR-15's for over $2000. You buy what you want to buy, when you want to buy it. A store has a right to post hours, and load a trailer full of class 3 firearms and all that jazz. The store's actions dictate how much business it gets. When a store contributes to it's own defamation with poor security, well, it helps me draw my own conclusions.

You obviously don't shop there and don't know the people. It's your option to go where ever you want and it's his option as the owner of the business to set the hours that he sees fit. The bottom line is Andrew's problem, not yours. If you don't like the way he does his business, I'm sure he'd sell it to you for the right price. I wish I had been with a company that took some time off during the holidays instead of working everyone all the time.

medcoxo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Indy, Westside
    Well, I need to go there on the 3rd, so before I get there I am stopping at the bank, make a couple transactions at Profire, then stop at Chik Fil A on the way home.

Top Bottom