• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Now if he could just figure out a way to make a fist come out of the phone and bust the jackass like in the cartoons!

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Problem is, if his program uses the same number shown on your caller ID, it generally is a spoofed number and leads nowhere.

Nice idea though!

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    What indykid said.
    What infuriates me about these bottom-feeders more even than the intrusion is that they prey upon the good nature, naivety, and inexperience of other people, especially the elderly.
    I get at least one or two clear scam calls on both my landline and my cell daily.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I saw that on FB. Funny. What's annoying is if that number is known to be a scammer than it can't be shut down or rerouted by our network to just play a message that this number is associated with a scam.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Problem is, if his program uses the same number shown on your caller ID, it generally is a spoofed number and leads nowhere.

Nice idea though!

Bingo. All the spam calls I'm getting lately are spoofed.

Hell, I can spoof numbers from my workplace's Cisco system. There's little to nothing that can be done about it, except from the carrier's end... (And they don't seem to be doing ****-all about it.)

I got a call recently from someone asking why the hell I was calling them. Obviously, I didn't... but the spoof calls were in the same range as my phone number (I know, because I got two spam calls that day from different numbers in my range.)

Sucks.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What indykid said.
    What infuriates me about these bottom-feeders more even than the intrusion is that they prey upon the good nature, naivety, and inexperience of other people, especially the elderly.
    I get at least one or two clear scam calls on both my landline and my cell daily.

At least 2 a day but sometimes 4 to 6 a day and many are repeats.
    That I do service work and my number gets passed on word of mouth on occasion I am obliged to answer. The majority lately are Medicare supplement scams.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'd like it if they could make a device that could detect a spam caller and send a high voltage "jolt" back to their equipment, causing a major explosion.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Getting pretty tired of the caller ID "neighbor" spoofing... the ones that use the same first three digits of your number so it looks like a familiar line that you'd answer.

It's not a huge deal for me... I just reject all calls with my same three numbers at this point... but now I'm getting calls from other people accusing me of calling them over and over (because my number is also in this spoof pool).

****ty situation that I can't really imagine has a great solution, outside of the place doing it being raided.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Getting pretty tired of the caller ID "neighbor" spoofing... the ones that use the same first three digits of your number so it looks like a familiar line that you'd answer.

It's not a huge deal for me... I just reject all calls with my same three numbers at this point... but now I'm getting calls from other people accusing me of calling them over and over (because my number is also in this spoof pool).

****ty situation that I can't really imagine has a great solution, outside of the place doing it being raided.

I'd never realized that it's possible for someone to be getting spam calls from what looks like my number. Apparently it's not happening yet as I'm not getting any irate phones calls. :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I am really forced to answer most calls unless they have a wonky area code. I get a lot of word of mouth referrals.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

Hell I can top that: I got a spammer spoof call a couple of months ago and the spoofed number was my own! I didn't give a **** what I had to say so I didn't answer myself. And wouldn't you know it. . . . .I didn't even leave myself a message! *******!!:laugh:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    After all the calls from Rachel at credit card services....a total scam.....you would think this one would be dead. There must be a butt load of morons out there to make this profitable.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I figure the phone company must be making cash from this somehow.

Always follow the money

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I answer and wait for an actual person to come on the line. Then I smash the number pad so it beeps like a mother until they hang up.

Top Bottom