• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Do it, he's gonna get it anyways eventually, might as well be now when you can see the smile on his face would be my recommendation. Can I add opinion? Good, for everyone you can find to say one of those two brands is better than the other, I can find two who'll say they're wrong. If' it's not the Rock Chucker 5, make him toss in a couple favors also just to feel better.

Ghostface

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2017
    Grant Co
    I wouldn’t get rid of any of my Dillon’s, especially the 550. It’s a great machine and easy to change calibers. Not to mention the warranty and support from Dillon, it’s unmatched.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I'm super cornfused.

If anybody wanted to trade for my Dillon, it would never happen. Family? Well.....
    If my son wanted to get into reloading, I would help him out any way I could. If I had the money, would buy him a Dillon of his own. If I had an extra setup above and beyond the three I'm keeping, sure, I might "Trade" him for whatever he has then sell it for more parts and/or supplies for my Dillons.

But to just outright trade your Dillon and thinking it's even-steven?
    Then....

I've got this Pinto that I want to trade for your Camero.

How about a kitten for your bird dog. I'll throw in some litter.

I have a real nice push mower, no motor and I want your John Deere ride-on.

I see you have a Sig Sauer that I need so I'll let you have my Kel-Tec and I'll even add a Hi-Point.

Tell you what, my x-wife's got great birthing hips. All six of them. Got any wemens over there??????

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    My son has a RCBS progressive (that I have not even seen) and I have a Dillon RL550. He wants to trade..... Recommendations?

while the industry has been lacking in offering us a real precision press (to the degree that everything else has been improved in the last 40 years) Dillon is the only choice for now.

some engineer need to manufacture us a linear CNC billet rack and pinion short throw press that doesn’t shake rattle and roll like a gleaner at harvest time.

57schwada

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2019
    Hanover
    Trapper Jim - I totally agree! I bought this 550 from Norm's Sport Shop, west of Ft. Wayne / East of Columbia City "like" last century. Hell, I don't know when they even closed..... Say late 1980's? To this day, I don't think Dillon (or other manufacturers) have changed a thing!
    ia01840031.jpg

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    No way I'd part with my blue press even to my son. I'd help him sell his off and get him into a blue one.

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    personally unless i decided i was never going to shoot / reload ever again, i wouldnt get rid of my SDB.
    it sat idle for almost 10 years when "life" got in the way of competition, I almost decided to get rid of my USPSA gun, gear and sell off the press and everything else.
    so glad i didnt get rid of it...

:cheers:

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    personally unless i decided i was never going to shoot / reload ever again, i wouldnt get rid of my SDB.
    it sat idle for almost 10 years when "life" got in the way of competition, I almost decided to get rid of my USPSA gun, gear and sell off the press and everything else.
    so glad i didnt get rid of it...

:cheers:

Yep I probably have a few years of light to no reloading till the kid gets older but mt presses are paid for and not taking up any space. This is though my time to start learning casting and loading up on supplies.

Top Bottom