• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    This Thread will seem kind of weird at first, but hopefully it will lead too alot of giving to help fellow ingoers and to help our sport/hobby.

I have found i have a fondness for fixing up old stuff. From weapons to well just about anything. To be perfectly honest, it is the work i find satisfying. So far I have sent two firearms to loving new homes, for Free. First was an m38 mosin nagant that was in need of tlc. Ingo member DoggyDaddy took pocession of it, at has restored it to some of its former glory. Next is a cap and ball musket that was donated to me via dumpster. I refinished it and its ready for its new home with Gunslinger. The pick up will be tomorrow.
    So i figured why not keep this generosity going. I ask that my fellow ingoers donate only what they either do not need, or do not want.
    this can be just about anything.
    rusty and old gun and knives.
    tools of just about any kind
    Sanding and or refinishing stuff.
    hunting or fishing stuff.
    anything i recieve to be repaired and or refinished will be donated to someone else after the work is finished. I will use what supplies i have to make repairs. hopefully i will recieve donations of refinishing supplies. that way i will never have to charge anything for the items givin away. the only time money will be charged is for supplies. sand paper. stain. stuff like that. i will never charge money for my labor. like i said, its fun hobby for me.
    I have in the works someone who is willing to donate an old 22 rifle to the cause. ingo memeber You'll Shoot Your Eye Out, tells me it is in very poor shape. i am going to put all effort into its repair. after words it will be givin to an ingo member who wants to teach their children good weapons handling fundamentals.
    in the end, my hope is to help spred our sport to as many people as possible.
    I will tell all of you, it feels real good to give on this forum to people who are like me. Gun enthusiest.
    the donations to teach me how to spell will be a different thread.
    please pm any donations you would like to make.

thank you for your time and consideration.
    Ric:ingo:

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    First up on the new thread. A rather decent knife i found abandoned in a storage unit, among the trash heap that the tnt lovingly left for me was this knife covered in rust.
    i have already did some work to it. cleaned it and stained the handle. still needs a little more work, but i figure it needs to go to someone who hunts. I think it would make a decent skinning knife for an adult or a child under adult supervision. if you want it let me know. as stated above the price will be free.
    it is very sharp, handle with care.
    IMAG0337.jpg

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    First up on the new thread. A rather decent knife i found abandoned in a storage unit, among the trash heap that the tnt lovingly left for me was this knife covered in rust.
    i have already did some work to it. cleaned it and stained the handle. still needs a little more work, but i figure it needs to go to someone who hunts. I think it would make a decent skinning knife for an adult or a child under adult supervision. if you want it let me know. as stated above the price will be free.
    it is very sharp, handle with care.
    IMAG0337.jpg

Nice knife! I can't drive but if you'll ship I'll take it!

I've got a polymer 10 rnd. AK single stack magazine. I knew a guy who needed one and as soon as I got it he told me he sold the gun. I have no need for it. I will ship, but you'll have to give me a few days to get to a post office :)

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    Do you have any pics of rifles that you have done?
    the only rifle was the mosin. the only pics i have were when it was in really bad shape.
    the rifle was not redone by me, but by doggydaddy. he had the means to restore it, i did not at that time. plus the stock was in good shape, so i did not want to take away from a nice historic rifle, without good reason.
    i do have pics of the cap and ball pistol though.
    IMAG0330.jpg

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Do you want me to ship the mag to you, or is this like the pay it forward thread and I just ship direct to whomever claims it? Doesn't matter to me, your project = your rules.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.

As the recipient of richardraw316's generosity I can attest to his honestand genuinely good intentions. I love the idea of paying it forward...alwayshave.

I've never had the opportunity to fire a black powder anything before, sothis will be a new and exciting experience for me and my family. Actually, Iwill pass this cap and ball pistol on to my son and eventually it will belongto my grandson. They will no doubt be shooting it as much as I will. I canhardly wait to see the expression on my grandsons face when he watches thispistol belch fire and smoke for the first time!

As for the Capt'n Jack Sparrow standup poster well, they will just have to wait on that pass-down. The Capt'n will be standing guard in my shop for the forseeable future!

Huge thanks to richardraw316 for his generosity!! :rockwoot::rockwoot:

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    As the recipient of richardraw316's generosity I can attest to his honestand genuinely good intentions. I love the idea of paying it forward...alwayshave.

I've never had the opportunity to fire a black powder anything before, sothis will be a new and exciting experience for me and my family. Actually, Iwill pass this cap and ball pistol on to my son and eventually it will belongto my grandson. They will no doubt be shooting it as much as I will. I canhardly wait to see the expression on my grandsons face when he watches thispistol belch fire and smoke for the first time!

As for the Capt'n Jack Sparrow standup poster well, they will just have to wait on that pass-down. The Capt'n will be standing guard in my shop for the forseeable future!

Huge thanks to richardraw316 for his generosity!! :rockwoot::rockwoot:
    thank you very much. i look forward to meeting you tomorrow.
    i really hope the pistol gives you and your family joy for years to come.
    Ric

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    I would like to add on to this.
    ar parts
    ak parts
    glock parts
    1911 parts.
    the more parts the better. i will assemble, test fire and give it to an ingo member.
    example. i get enough parts to build a glock.
    then somebody gets a free glock.
    1911 same thing.
    and so on.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    As the "first" recipient of Richardraw316's generosity, I think this is an excellent idea. I'll be keeping my eyes open for stuff that needs his TLC and a good home. Here are some pics of the M38:

Before - missing front and rear sights, firing pin cut and in need of replacement, "sticky bolt syndrome".

IMG_1506.jpg

After - replacement sights and new firing pin installed, chamber polished to eliminate sticky bolt. Gun is now a great shooter, and one of my favorites! :)

IMG_1525.jpg

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    I guess you recall who I am, Ric.

Great thread and noble project! You may already know that I do professional gun blueing (both hot & cold type) for extra cash. I will be glad to do metal prep and re-blueing on a few parts or guns if you find the need...... as my 'donation' to your project.

Just let me know........ Lee :ingo:

Sample pics, here-

INGunOwners - GREEN607's Album: STELLAR Metal Finishes

hello lee,
    i will probly take you up on your offer.
    thank you very much.
    Ric

Top Bottom