• AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Awesome.
    It looks much better with all the parts on it.

Last edited:

stymie12000

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Bripple
    Update.

I got out to the range today for some testing! I was using my tried and true 124gr titegroup loads that I use in other 9mm. Not the best powder for a ported 9mm but I want to test and break the gun in before I start testing other powder/bullet combo.

Since the gun needs broke in, I started with a 14# recoil spring. Put one round in the mag and close the slide. Round chambered smoothly. Pulled the trigger and it went bang (in a good way). I did notice that the empty case stove piped. Chalk that up to the 14# recoil spring. So i kept going to a lighter recoil spring until the stove pipes went away. Ended up with a 11# spring for the first 500/1000 round break in.

After I got the recoil spring figured out, it was time to see how the gun runs. I will say this is one of the nicest/ lowest recoiling pistols I have shot.

I am very pleased on the performance. I am also very pleased with the craftsmanship that Allen put into this pistol!

Now I'm excited to get it broke in and experiment with different recoil springs. Also do some load development with hs6/autocomp powder. So the ports will work more effectively.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Update.

I got out to the range today for some testing! I was using my tried and true 124gr titegroup loads that I use in other 9mm. Not the best powder for a ported 9mm but I want to test and break the gun in before I start testing other powder/bullet combo.

Since the gun needs broke in, I started with a 14# recoil spring. Put one round in the mag and close the slide. Round chambered smoothly. Pulled the trigger and it went bang (in a good way). I did notice that the empty case stove piped. Chalk that up to the 14# recoil spring. So i kept going to a lighter recoil spring until the stove pipes went away. Ended up with a 11# spring for the first 500/1000 round break in.

After I got the recoil spring figured out, it was time to see how the gun runs. I will say this is one of the nicest/ lowest recoiling pistols I have shot.

I am very pleased on the performance. I am also very pleased with the craftsmanship that Allen put into this pistol!

Now I'm excited to get it broke in and experiment with different recoil springs. Also do some load development with hs6/autocomp powder. So the ports will work more effectively.

I am really curious what chrono results will be when you get to that point

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I wonder how well this will work with the open gun loads you used to make AllenM? I'm sure HS6, Autocomp, and CFE Pistol will all make enough gas for those ports work well.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    14lb spring for a 9mm? That's what I use in my 45 w. 170+PF loads. I'd think 11ish would be about right. What are you trying to accomplish with a "break in" spring and what do you intend to change to? Just curios...

-rvb

stymie12000

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Bripple
    I started with 14# from a recommendation. Since I have springs from 8# to 14#. I thought why not. Changing the spring is quick and simple.

In the end I will go with the spring that works best for the gun. I have the springs and the time to test. So I don't have a specific spring rate that I am trying to achieve. That doesn't matter to me. I just want a spring rate so the gun will run the best it can in my hands!

Since everything is new and tolerance is tight I will use a heavier spring until it loosens up!

Top Bottom