• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    Cabelas (online only) currently has factory reconditioned Mr. buddy heaters on sale super cheap. The best value is the 4k-9K BTU model at half price ($56 after tax and free ship to store), but there are other models on sale also. Buy 2 and get $20 in cabelas bucks back making them $46 each! Free shipping on that buy 2 deal (over $100) also.

For those that don't know, these things are the BEST portable propane heater for the $. They run off 1lb or 20lb tanks (hose optional for the 20lb tank). Use them when the power is out, when SHTF, in a hunting blind, Ice fishing shack, tailgating, or whatever. They rock-especially at this price. I have 2 of the big buddy heaters with hundreds of hours on them, and bought the one linked above JIC as it was too cheap to pass up.

Soooooo, deal alert for you prepping minded peeps. That is all.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/mr-h...20151102&seg=EPP0ALL&cnt=11836&ctb=MAINFEAT1c

Last edited:

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    If you look at the heaters section they have the BIG buddy heater for under $90 still. I would get one, but I already have one.
    I have the Big Buddy and love it. It will last 5 days on low on a 20lb tank. Great for heating up a room to sleep in if you lose power. Also works well in the garage.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Sounds like a good use for it. Depending on how much you would use it, you might want to consider getting the large propane containers and the hose attachment rather than the smaller canisters.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Sounds like a good use for it. Depending on how much you would use it, you might want to consider getting the large propane containers and the hose attachment rather than the smaller canisters.

It that the same hose used on a grill or did they rig something to make it exclusively for their heaters?

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    It that the same hose used on a grill or did they rig something to make it exclusively for their heaters?
    It's made by Mr heater exclusively for the buddy heaters. Also, get the filter if running 20lb tanks. It's another 10 bucks.

And yes...they are indoor safe and even feature a low oxygen shut off saftey.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Make sure you get the filter if you use a 20lb tank. It sucks to take it all apart to clean out all the oil in the lines.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It's made by Mr heater exclusively for the buddy heaters. Also, get the filter if running 20lb tanks. It's another 10 bucks.

And yes...they are indoor safe and even feature a low oxygen shut off saftey.
    Are you supposed to bring the big tanks inside?

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Thanks. I have a room over my unheated garage that could use some help in the winter.
    Cluster in the making.

Get a wall mounted unit and plumb a 100lb tank to it. The hose won't be long enough to put the tank outside on ground level. No, don't put the tank in your garage and run the heater upstairs either.

No knock on Mr. Heater products, I own half dozen or more, newest one is at least 10-15 years old. I also own and use their hoses. I love their products. The issue are the tanks. I have a rule, for my important equipment I own my tanks and get them refilled. I never use the exchange tanks for anything except grills and outdoor equipment. Store all tanks outside because at least once a year you get a leaker on exchange tanks.

All that and then 2 years ago my brother and I each had a near miss with full 20lb tanks and a friend had an explosion with a 1lb. Had to add some new rules. Friend got a new truck.

Two of the three events took place in VA. VA is a dangerous place to be.

Top Bottom