• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Background: I live on the corner of a main road and the entrance road into my neighborhood. My house faces the main road, but my driveway and garage are accessed from the neighborhood road. However, I have an offshoot from my main driveway that passes in front of my home and exits to the main road.

Issue: to date, all but the neighborhood kids have managed to avoid using my driveway as a public sidewalk. But lately there's been a woman who walks her dog and uses my driveway to avoid walking on the road. (Note: I would not be opposed to walking in my grass to avoid the road--there is no sidewalk--but my driveway is situated fairly close to my home before it makes the turn to the main road, and she ends up being solidly on my property, and just a little too close to my home.) And I know for a fact she walks a city block ON THE MAIN ROAD without using the grass easement of the other properties before she gets to mine.

On the assumption that I have verbally informed her of the fact that she is not welcome to walk her dog on my property, what steps can I take to prevent her from doing so in the future?

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Not trying to be funny but this worked for a long time for me to keep trespassers off my property before I got a fence up. A large, well disciplined dog, willing to protect his/her property. Post no trespassing signs, do not post beware of dog signs. To this day some people cross the street before getting to my house just to avoid passing in front of my house with my dog out. I also live in a neighborhood without sidewalks on one side of my property.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Background: I live on the corner of a main road and the entrance road into my neighborhood. My house faces the main road, but my driveway and garage are accessed from the neighborhood road. However, I have an offshoot from my main driveway that passes in front of my home and exits to the main road.

Issue: to date, all but the neighborhood kids have managed to avoid using my driveway as a public sidewalk. But lately there's been a woman who walks her dog and uses my driveway to avoid walking on the road. (Note: I would not be opposed to walking in my grass to avoid the road--there is no sidewalk--but my driveway is situated fairly close to my home before it makes the turn to the main road, and she ends up being solidly on my property, and just a little too close to my home.) And I know for a fact she walks a city block ON THE MAIN ROAD without using the grass easement of the other properties before she gets to mine.

On the assumption that I have verbally informed her of the fact that she is not welcome to walk her dog on my property, what steps can I take to prevent her from doing so in the future?
    PIT-BULL with a chain long enough to reach all of your driveway:D

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    What time does she walk her dog? Set your sprinkler timer for 5 minutes earlier, and makes sure it soaks your driveway.

Park you cars blocking the driveway.

Put up gates.

Hang signs that read "This is a Private Drive. That means your little dog, too."

Motion sensing sprinklers are a great idea, too. Upgrade to paintball guns if the sprinklers don't work.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Set a table and chair on your driveway, sit there to clean your shotgun and other firearms when she comes by.
    Tell her that she is not welcome in a polite but firm voice while racking the pump of your shotgun to make sure it's well oiled.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Go out and talk to her... She's probably really nice. Nice to have a friendly neighbor to watch out for the place when you aren't around.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Go out and talk to her... She's probably really nice. Nice to have a friendly neighbor to watch out for the place when you aren't around.

You must have missed the part where she's ignored my requests to cease and desist. I already have friendly neighbors to watch out for my place. They happen to respect my property rights too.

The rest of you crack me up. When I'm done here, I hope I have enough rep to get through the list (edit: sadly, no).

On a serious note, it's kind of hard to bring any sort of legal action since her trespass is always temporary. It's not a refusal to get off the property, but a refusal to stay off. I don't even know where she lives (though I have an idea). Pretty sure IMPD isn't gonna let me borrow an officer for the day to wait for her.

Top Bottom