• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zombieglock

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    In the coming months I will be proposing to my Girlfriend. I haven't quite come up with an idea on a proposal. I do have one contact, whom is her favorite singer/artist who is willing to help me out. I may use him in some way.

To all the guys and gals here who are married; How did you propose/how were you proposed to?

Looking forward to hearing some awesome stories.

Thanks!!

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    We already lived together, she was out for the day, when she came home I was on one knee in the kitchen with this propped up next to me...

10002931_10100627394837834_2034785686_n.jpg

After the initial shock, "yes" and phone calls, I explained my plan was to have to more paintings to complete the sequence.

10003321_10100627395591324_1768491506_n.jpg

1980743_10100627395112284_1507994262_n.jpg

1982946_10100627395436634_1879327002_o.jpg

They are currently hanging in the hallway at our house. When we got married they were on display at the reception hall too.

Her cousin painted them for me (us) and did a great job keeping the secret.

bat54r

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I surprised my now wife at work. She worked at a crafts store and she was stocking up one of the shelves so I snuck up behind her reached around with the ring case open and asked her......DO NOT DO THIS!!!! To this day I still hear about how unromantic my proposal was but on the upside we'll be married 19 years this August. Good luck buddy and I hope it pans out for you. I guess the only advice I can give is how not to.
    -Bret-

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    In the coming months I will be proposing to my Girlfriend. I haven't quite come up with an idea on a proposal. I do have one contact, whom is her favorite singer/artist who is willing to help me out. I may use him in some way.

To all the guys and gals here who are married; How did you propose/how were you proposed to?

Thanks!!

Will be married 9 years in June, I proposed in a historic cemetary on a nice fall day, just us. Cemetary might sound creepy, but it was really peaceful. Good luck!

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    We made plans and picked out ring options while we were 1800 miles apart. I'd look online and send him links of things I'd like. He'd send me links of things he thought I'd like. I don't even remember how we ended up engaged and planning it. About 3 months later I hopped a plane to visit him, and one night at dinner he present the ring and "proposed." It was a formality at that point. He did it because he felt like just handing the ring to me wasn't enough and that perhaps I wanted the romantic proposal. Since I can't even remember how we settled on getting married in the first place, you can tell how much that stuff matters to me.

Word of Caution: beware the woman who spends more time planning for a one-day wedding than she does for a life time of marriage. Weddings are over-rated anyway. If I could do mine over again, I would have scaled it back even more. Did I mention we had about 20 people there?

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    She was still living at home. We were laying on her bed in her room. It was nearly Christmas and for whatever reason, it just seemed right. I didn't even have a ring or do the "one knee" thing. To the outsider, it seems mundane, but it was very special to us. We must have done things right because that was 25 years ago.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana

Thanks!!

:):......Change........iz come'n............:):

good luck..........

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    After a bit of a "scenic" hike in The Great Smokey Mountain National Park, I proposed to the lady at a waterfall after we'd given our camera a stranger to get a picture of us in front of the waterfall. :yesway:

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    I was in school (Navy) up in Great Lakes. My wife (girlfriend at the time) came up for the 4th of July weekend and we were on a large boat on Lake Michigan watching the fire works in Chicago. This year will be our 25th.

edit... for our 25th... we are going back on a very large boat, a Caribbean cruise. :banana:

Last edited:

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    We went to Cincy to celebrate our anniversary (and shop at Bass Pro Shop lol) and went to a Red's game (I'd never been to a major league game of any sort). We left the game early so we could start heading home to let the dog out but when we left the ballpark he turned the opposite direction from the parking garage. The ballpark is right off the river and there's a river walk kind of thing with a statue garden (if that makes sense). He said he wanted a picture of me sitting on some post (I'd taken a picture of him sitting there before the game). Sounded legit so I went with it. He'd been acting weird but when we got over to the statue garden he took his phone out so I really thought he was going to take a picture. Instead he turned on a Brad Paisley song ("Then") and hit one knee while pulling a ring out of his pocket. I couldn't believe what he was doing so I started to say NO WAY and stopped. No man proposing should hear no in any form lol. He then asked me to marry him and of course I said yes. As I said yes, fireworks went off overhead (officially a ballplayer hit a home run but we know the real reason).

Good luck and congratulations. Just make the proposal meaningful to the 2 of you.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    We have always went to the circle of lights with friends every year. I knew this would be a special moment because it is something we would go back to every year and remember that moment so it made sense to me to do it then. Plus, we were with about 14 other friedns so she could bask in the glory of it being all about her at that moment. I took my phone out of my pocket and told her that a friend from work called cause he knew I would be there and he wanted to say hey. I took our daughter (just shy of 2 at the time) with me.

I took my daughter and put her in a shirt that I had airbrushed with "mommy, will you marry daddy?"

I knew that right after the tree lit there would be fireworks going off so I waited until the precise moment. I had my daugther sneak up behind her holding a dozen roses and in her new shirt. When she saw she was surprised and turned around quickly to find me on one knee behind her in the middle of meridian street.

I had prescheduled a celabratory dinner with all of our friends downtown after the event so then we all went to dinner to celebrate.

I gave myself an A+ lol.

We got married on 10-5-2013

9_zps680e16b2.jpg

6_zpsdd3be68f.jpg

1_zps79e780fe.jpg

3_zpsd7469e7e.jpg

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    There was a midget, a silver platter, and a couple clowns. I guess I should have gotten to know her better as she had an irrational fear of clowns but a very rational fear of midgets. She said no and it was the greatest thing to ever happen to me.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Mine really wasn't all that special... I mean I didn't put much planning into it. I was at work (stationed at Ft. Bragg) and realized that I had been with this woman every day since the day we met three months earlier. I knew I didn't want anything to come between being with her and I wanted her to be by my side for the rest of my life. After work, I went to her house and popped the question. She told me that I had to ask her father, which I did the following weekend. After he said he was okay with it, then she said "Yes!" I gave her a $300 ring and we had a $500 wedding. The rest is 22 years of good and not-so-good memories, but that's what marriage is about.

Top Bottom