Proposed LaPorte County ban goes down in flames. This is EXACTLY how to do it!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Section 5 does have that exception.

Despite talk of an exception for hunting that was reportedly at the meeting (that I was unable to attend), I don't see that listed either.

I guess I missed that exception, but to me, part of being able to defend myself and my family includes being able to target practice and sight in a gun. I would contact everyone you can that is affiliated with both political parties, but the Republicans for sure since you have two Republican Commissioners, to make sure they understand how passing this could impact the party at the next election. I would also contact your state reps for the area and get them to put pressure on the commissioners as well. Political pressure could be key to getting this stopped.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    That was dated __________April 2017.........It was intended to go through.I was at that meeting.That Gonder(R) was a back stabber.He said he was a NRA member.He just hung himself.Mrozinski(R)may have played us too.Kora(D) was a xxxxing given.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    How big of a nuisance are pellet guns really? And who is leaving buckshot on people's roofs? Whoever isn't controlling shots or is shooting toward a building is who should be taken care of.

there's also only a 'self-defense' exception in the draft. That lawyer was back peddling the whole time if he wasn't he wouldn't have been so defensive when asked about his BS

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I actually saw a youtube last night about some guys taking the .22 blanks you use in a nail gun, and some (I guess) .22 pellets you'd use in an air rifle, and firing them from a standard .22 rifle, despite the clear statement that neither is intended for use in that weapon. The pellets were far more effective than a standard .22LR round, including CCI brand.

That said, it's the first time I've seen them so used, and despite the cost savings, the rate of fire was very slow, given that they did it almost as if it was a muzzle loader, except that the powder charge went in last, from the breech.

Do note that I'm not recommending anyone do this, but it caught my eye and you just reminded me of it. :)

Blessings,
    Bill

How big of a nuisance are pellet guns really? And who is leaving buckshot on people's roofs? Whoever isn't controlling shots or is shooting toward a building is who should be taken care of.

there's also only a 'self-defense' exception in the draft. That lawyer was back peddling the whole time if he wasn't he wouldn't have been so defensive when asked about his BS

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    That was dated __________April 2017.........It was intended to go through.I was at that meeting.That Gonder(R) was a back stabber.He said he was a NRA member.He just hung himself.Mrozinski(R)may have played us too.Kora(D) was a xxxxing given.

I'm not trying to defend them, but I think drafts are typically dated for the first meeting they will be discussed in and the dates are later changed to when they are actually approved.

This ordinance cannot be passed legally without a public hearing and proper notice. They also have to post their agenda on the doors of the building where they meet in advance...I believe it is 72 hours prior to their meetings. There is no legal requirement to have them available online but they MUST be clearly posted on at least the main entrance to that building. Legal notice must be published in the local paper a minimum of ten days prior to the meeting.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Just coming back to this:
    The county attorney may NOT assert attorney client privelege if his client is an elected official, acting in his official capacity.
    Is this correct, counsellors?
    No. It is absolutely incorrect. Like, 180 degrees out of phase. (But not as bad as 360 degrees.)

The county attorney's discussions/opinions/advice to the public officials that contact him are privileged. The "client" is the body and constituent members of the entity. The client is not the public or the constituents of the entity.

The elected officials can waive the privilege and explain what the attorney said, or release any written opinions. But, the privilege does attach to the communications.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    As a Laporte county resident I would run for a commission spot.

Also of note the ordinance did call out air guns specifically NOT pellet guns, thinking about that it could be construed as anything that uses an air charge to expell a projectile IE airsoft guns or paintball markers. I can see the intent, but it is typical government overstepping

JDG

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2017
    LaPorte County

Check out the article in the herald-argus

By MATT CHRISTY Staff Writer (219) 326-3870 mchristy@heraldargus.com | Posted 20 hours ago

La PORTE — La Porte County Commissioner Dr. Vidya Kora clarified the withdrawn firearm ordinance is a dead issue which will not come back up unless requested by La Porte County Sheriff John Boyd.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    If ole Boyd wants to keep his job next election he better keep his mouth shut on this.

And in other news la porte sherriff has reported a huge meth/guns drug bust at 1775usmarines place. He says it is the biggest bust in the counties history.

Oh wait its not lake county but i suspect close enough with thease corrupt cops.

Top Bottom