Proposed State Constitutional Amendment on Ballot?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    Why on earth do you think the founders had us on "THE GOLD STANDARD" until Nixon took us off. That way the government size would always be limited by how much money they treasury could print, now that they can print literally an unlimited amount of essentially worthless paper money our government can now and has ever since then grown at a uncontrolled exponential rate. Know this 90% of all taxes we now pay have been enacted in the last 40 years.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Why on earth do you think the founders had us on "THE GOLD STANDARD" until Nixon took us off. That way the government size would always be limited by how much money they treasury could print, now that they can print literally an unlimited amount of essentially worthless paper money our government can now and has ever since then grown at a uncontrolled exponential rate. Know this 90% of all taxes we now pay have been enacted in the last 40 years.

and the unmarked black suv will be getting you in 3, 2, 1...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Look at bitcoins... literally "imaginary money"... backed by nothing, yet people are dumping "real" money into purchasing it. P.T. Barnum was right.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    all "money" is like the paper us dollar and bitcon.
    its only value is because the world trust it.
    everyone currenlty agrees that a paper us dollar is equal to $100.

just like on the age of kings it was the gold coin/weight.

and prior to that the eqyipians thought they were gods it was grains of wheat.

"money" ia always some abstract that we all agree on.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

I'm sure this was just a typo, but probably closer to the truth than you may have intended. ;) At least the dollar "used to be" backed by something. Bitcoins were made up out of thin air and someone's imagination. It's like a worldwide psychosis.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    And ancient peoples used seashells. How the hell do you put a value on a seashell? You can't even eat it!!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    we are getting off topic.
    ill just leave it as "money" is just what the world agrees as a constant in order to trade. dont get hung up on a paper dollar being "worth more" then bitcoin. tomorrow the world can decide on great white shark teeth for trade.

its whatever you and i determine is a fair way to trade.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    we are getting off topic.
    ill just leave it as "money" is just what the world agrees as a constant in order to trade. dont get hung up on a paper dollar being "worth more" then bitcoin. tomorrow the world can decide on great white shark teeth for trade.

its whatever you and i determine is a fair way to trade.

Oh I get it. Civilizations have always had some kind of "currency". Maybe I'm hung up on the tangible aspect whether it's gold or silver coins, seashells, grain, or paper money (until recent history backed up by gold or silver). In theory, we could invent "INGO bucks", and it would just be a matter of getting enough people to believe in it, and accept it in trade to make them "worth" something.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I have the capability to print INGO bucks. I'll give you $500 INGO bucks for that prize Winchester in your safe! :patriot:

As pointed out upstream, this is off topic, and a serious topic it is; worthy of a more serious consideration.

Oh I get it. Civilizations have always had some kind of "currency". Maybe I'm hung up on the tangible aspect whether it's gold or silver coins, seashells, grain, or paper money (until recent history backed up by gold or silver). In theory, we could invent "INGO bucks", and it would just be a matter of getting enough people to believe in it, and accept it in trade to make them "worth" something.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    No Winchester, but on a gun owners forum; for shame! I withdraw my offer. I've never used ignore function ... yet.

I have mostly milsurp, so lots of Mausers, couple of Krags, 1903, Garand (not a Winchester), M1 Carbine (IBM) and assorted others... but no Winchesters.

(Someone should quote this in case steve has me on ignore.) :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You guys need some Winchesters, I can't believe no one has one.

I don't disagree. Just haven't found one yet. Key word being "yet". :) I'd really like to have an 1895 in 7.62x54R...

1895_musket_with_bayonet_cleaning_tool_and_russian_stripper_clip_belt_pouches-1.jpg

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The last amendment I voted for, all the state politicians swore up and down it would NOT allow gambling in Indiana. The day after it passed it was apparent there were already plans ready and waiting for gambling after the lottery amendment passed.

i thought we had been running an annual surplus? I had read articles where Dems wanted to spend it instead of saving it. So why any debt?

Top Bottom