• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    I have been traveling for the past few weeks and finally made it back over to MCFG today and boy was I impressed. Last time I was out there they had the new bays open but no tables or targets.

Today when I pulled in I immediately noticed new benches, a few target stands and STEEL!!!

Props to the board members, volunteers and members who have donated their time, money and hard work to provide the best range in the Indy area :rockwoot:

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Thanks for the kind words Slacker. We are doing our very best to make MCFG the best that it can be. There are many thanks that need to go out to both the board and members for bringing the new shooting bays into service.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    What are the ranges (yards) in the bays? any restriction on time between shots?

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Just be careful. If you eff up, you're outta there. My ban hammer occasionally comes along to MCFG too....:):;)
    LOL! I would just like a place I can work on double taps for USPSA practice...can't really be done at atterbury

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    You can work on double taps at MCFG, there is no rule against firing shots under any certain time restriction. I was just out there on Thursday practicing target transitions and running my quiet .22 against some steel. I burned up a 550 brick in about an hour and a half...no slowfire for me! :rockwoot:

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Just be careful. If you eff up, you're outta there. My ban hammer occasionally comes along to MCFG too....:):;)

I wish I would have had your # last night!!

But yeah, I have done steel training set ups in the bays, and as long as you don't do anything stupid, you should be fine!

Demo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    Hey Cru- I wouldn't be hesitant to address safety concerns with someone.

First and foremost I don't want any extra holes and secondly if someone hurts themselves and sues we are screwed out of a excellent range.

It can be done politely and even if someone takes it personal that's tough cookies.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Hey Cru- I wouldn't be hesitant to address safety concerns with someone.

First and foremost I don't want any extra holes and secondly if someone hurts themselves and sues we are screwed out of a excellent range.

It can be done politely and even if someone takes it personal that's tough cookies.

Yes, I have learned the proper procedure now! I'm pretty sure the issue is being taken care of.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Rest assured that the board takes safety or rule violations very seriously. We do depend on our members to police the range, so if you see a rule violation please speak up! There are forms by the sign-in sheet for you to report rule violations. The few times I've had to confront members about violations they have been very apologetic and polite. I would suggest simply talking in a respectful manner to a potential rule-violator and letting them know what they are doing wrong. If the situation escalates, fill out the form or phone a board member.

Biohazard

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    central indiana
    Do you guys ever have an "open house" where non-members can come in for a day and shoot. Not an organized event, just a kind of free to the public for a day, like a try before you buy? Thanks.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Do you guys ever have an "open house" where non-members can come in for a day and shoot. Not an organized event, just a kind of free to the public for a day, like a try before you buy? Thanks.

If VUPD is busy I would be happy to give you a tour anytime

Top Bottom