• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woodshed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    22LR will seperate the boys from the men in accuracy. Get good enough at shooting a 22LR accurately and any other gun will be that much easier to shoot MOA.

Scott

ret

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    If you put an after market stock on a Charger and an a red dot...or even with the factory stock and using the bipod as a front grip... From experience you will be tough to beat at a target range. I have a p22 and a 22/45 lite. The 22/45 is clearly a better target pistol for me anyway. (High cap mags for the charger...cheap 10/22 stuff)

parkerj112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Ruger Mk II or III they consistently beat the competition at the bowling pins shoots that I attend. A friend of mine has a 22a... It is back to the factory for a second time to be fixed and it has less then ~3000 rds thru it. Plus they are made with a polymer recoil/ buffer pad that wears out in short amount of time. My friend was told by SW to replace this buffer then call them back. All guns have wear items but every couple 1000 rds no thanks!

Ruger makes a great 22 pistol in the mark series. Charger = 10/22 minus the stock. Are you practicing with the 22 for contender hunting or true handgun fundamentals? Base the 22 on a similar platform to what you otherwise shoot. I shot a 22/45 due to it having the same/similar grip + operating controls of my XD and 1911.

Parker

Indycobalt19

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I started out on a .22 just to gain experience in shooting overall and to work on my technique and overall skill. I personally think a .22 would be a great starting gun IMO.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I shoot my S&W 41s more than my other 22s but usually recommend Ruger MK II/IIIs for good all around shooters. There are a million of them out there, they work well and are pretty accurate and parts/mags are easy to come by. I also like the Walther P22s. I have a Ruger Charger and I just couldn't warm up to it so it's in the Classifieds. Go with a Ruger MKII/III and you won't go wrong. :twocents:

Stryker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    I like my S&W 22A... good grip angle, nice target style sights, easy to put on a red dot sight, and the barrel is easy to change.

I have a 7" for target and a 5" with a red dot sight.

FordBronco

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Hartsville
    I like my ruger MkII Target pistol (6-7/8" barrel). I do not think you could go wrong with a MkII or MkIII series pistol.

Now if you want a revolver, then I would recommend the Ruger Single Six. Nice handy revolver and you can get a "convertable" that with a cylinder change will shoot 22-mag.

You can not go wrong with either one and they will last and last.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I really like my GSG 1911-22 and my Ruger single six. Both are reliable, accurate, and great fun to plink with. I think if I was going to buy another it would be a M&P 22 to go along with my wife's real M&P. I haven't shot the 3 you like, but most .22's are fun!

Chetna

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Cedar Lake
    Tiger ML or browning you can't go wrong I've been shooting a ruger ML for 22 years my first pistol and I can bet you it's going to make it into my kids hands when he's old enough

Top Bottom