• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • right winger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 31, 2008
    Hymera
    I got this is a email from Rep. Brad Ellsworth.
    I hope what he is saying is true. But he is A DemocRat.
    Just my :twocents:.

Dear Friend,

As a former law enforcement officer and life-long hunter, I value our Constitutional right to keep and bear arms. Gun ownership and hunting is a way of life for people here in Indiana; a tradition passed down from generation to generation. We must ensure that this way of life is preserved for our children, grandchildren, and future generations of Americans. So last week, I joined a new, bipartisan group dedicated to protecting our Second Amendment rights in Congress.

The Second Amendment Task Force was created to monitor legislation in Congress related to the Second Amendment. The bipartisan group, which consists of 6 Democrats and 6 Republicans, will work to promote legislation that protects the Second Amendment and fight any bill that threatens our Constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

We took action this week; making it clear to Attorney General Eric Holder that any attempts to reinstate a ban on assault weapons would be met with fierce, bipartisan resistance in Congress.

I am proud of the A rating I received from the National Rifle Association, and I will continue to protect our Second Amendment rights by opposing any attempts to restrict the rights of law-abiding gun owners.

Sincerely,
    FirstNameSignature.GIF

Brad Ellsworth​

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    The members of this task force are;

Democrats
    Rep. Dan Boren (D-OK), Task Force Co-Chair
    Rep. Jason Altmire (D-PA)
    Rep. Travis Childers (D-MS)
    Rep. Brad Ellsworth (D-IN)
    Rep. Jim Matheson (D-UT)
    Rep. Mike McIntyre (D-NC)
    Republicans
    Rep. Paul Broun (R-GA), Task Force Co-Chair
    Rep. Rep. Rob Bishop (R-UT)
    Rep. John Carter (R-TX)
    Rep. John Boozman (R-AR)
    Rep. Steve King (R-IA)
    Rep. Steve Scalise (R-LA)

ncthorn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Brad is a good guy in my opinion. I received the email as well. Having emailed him numerous times on gun issues and knowing that he was a cosponsor for last session's H.R. 4900, I am confident that he truly supports the gun cause.

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Translation: "I am a Democrat, but I want to distance myself as much as possible from the Democrat gun-ban agenda. Why? Because I like my job."

I think this is a good thing. For years, we have had a choice between one party that wanted to take all our guns ASAP and another party that wasn't quite as bad.

If Democrats start trying to appeal to gun owners, the Republicans are going to have to be even more strongly pro-RKBA if they want to keep the gun owner vote.

It would be a great thing if we could have both parties actively competing for the gun owner vote.

Also, we have to recognize the US is not a one-party state and the leadership is going to change from time to time. It would be a nice thing if a leadership change did not automatically mean having outright enemies of the RKBA in power.

tskin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    West Central Indiana
    I've also received positive responses from him in the past. He even showed up at a Friends of NRA banquet I was at once. The only thing he's done I don't like is voted for the past stimulus package. I think he's a pretty stand up guy though.

Top Bottom