• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Went to the Valpo gun show today to sell off one of my guns and do some browsing (and some fat bastard TOTALLY crop dusted me while standing at ZX Guns' table)... I took the wife along because she usually enjoys going with me to gun shows. So we're standing there in front of the Taurus' and she picks up a poly Judge. Opens the cylinder, checks the barrel and heft and turns to the guy I'm in the process of selling my S&W .357 to and asks if they'd do a trade. (My eyes almost popped outta my head but I kept my mouth shut)

She made the deal, passed her NICS, and purchased her first firearm.

On the way home we even discussed the possibility of her getting her LTCH and what gun we'd buy for her CC...

and on top of it all, the whole time we were at the show, and all the guns she handled, her boogerhook never went NEAR the bangswitch.. turns out, she WAS listening when I was teaching her about guns and the 4 rules...

Yeah.. proud husband..

nickf2005

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Way to go Shadow. I've been slowly exposing my wife to the guns around the house. While at BGF a few weeks ago, she held a .380 and let her finger find its way inside the trigger guard. I politely asked to see it to get it out of her hands. When we got home I said, "Hey, you know when I asked you to see that .380?" She responds, "Yes, I know, my finger went inside the guard, I'm sorry."

I was quite surprised she realized her mistake. I'll make a shooter out of yet.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Went to the Valpo gun show today to sell off one of my guns and do some browsing (and some fat bastard TOTALLY crop dusted me while standing at ZX Guns' table)... I took the wife along because she usually enjoys going with me to gun shows. So we're standing there in front of the Taurus' and she picks up a poly Judge. Opens the cylinder, checks the barrel and heft and turns to the guy I'm in the process of selling my S&W .357 to and asks if they'd do a trade. (My eyes almost popped outta my head but I kept my mouth shut)

On the way home we even discussed the possibility of her getting her LTCH and what gun we'd buy for her CC...

and on top of it all, the whole time we were at the show, and all the guns she handled, her boogerhook never went NEAR the bangswitch.. turns out, she WAS listening when I was teaching her about guns and the 4 rules...

Yeah.. proud husband..
    That is cool. Congratulations!

badapples

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Jennings County
    he is not the only one.
    Nothing better than crop dusting in a store and then waiting in the next isle for someone to walk threw it and then blame their significant other. It's hilarious.

i had a friend do that and a mother and young son walked into it. the mom kept asking the little boy if he pooped his pants. crop-dusting is awesome.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis

Yeah.. proud husband..

Everyone farts, not just fat people.

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    This was supposed to be a thread about how awesome I thought my wife was for doing her research and buying her first firearm.. I wasn't expecting a running diatribe about crop dusting... :ugh:

...even if i find it quite funny...

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    This was supposed to be a thread about how awesome I thought my wife was for doing her research and buying her first firearm.. I wasn't expecting a running diatribe about crop dusting... :ugh:

...even if i find it quite funny...

Sorry. For the hijack, and the whole burrito thing. Sometimes my gastrointestinal system just gets the best of me.;)

I meant to add earlier that your wife definately sounds like a keeper. Any woman who will wheel and deal at a gunshow is OK in my book. I mean, as long as she still knows her way around a sammich.;)

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Crop dusted the elevator in a Chicago high rise once just before getting off on the ground floor where about 20 people were waiting to crowd in. The screams as the doors slid closed reassured me that it was a highly efficient crop dusting indeed. :cool:

Top Bottom