• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    My wife just got her tax check in last week. Shes has her carry license, and shes wanting to get her first handgun. Shes shot everything from a 380 to a 45, and she decided she wanted to go with a 9mm.

Wednesday came a long and she wants to go gun shopping, so we head up to the greenwood area and stop at gander mountain. We looked around a bit, while waiting for our number to be called. When it was our turn she narrowed her choice down to two different guns. She was torn between a sig250 and a ruger sr9c. When ened up walking out with the ruger, new holster, and ammo for a good price. Super happy for my wife and her first purchase. I can remember when i first got mine, it was a good day.

When we got home, i helped walk her through all the features of the gun. We did a couple drills with chambering and clearing the weapon. Over all she did really well, couldnt be more proud.

This weekend we are going to go shoot, maybe work on some drawing techniques.

BKExpress

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Gaston, IN
    My wife absolutely hates to shoot any form of weapon. It's funny, because her sister loves to shoot and is always pestering me to take her shooting. Some women love it, others hate it.

Nayls47

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2009
    Noble County
    Congratulations to the wife, and you too. I'm sure she'll love it. If she's like me she'll love it even more after the buyers remorse go's away. :):

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Awesome all the way around! Sounds like you are teaching her well. So many people just jump too the range part not knowing anything about their weapon or safety! +100 to you you and your wife!

I have several Rugers and love every one of them. Great choice. let us know how the range trip goes!

Bearclaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Anderson
    Congrats to her and you for an incredible wife! I love my Ruger SR9c. My wife want to shoot with it when i gets warmer. Hope she doesn't want to keep it. lol

DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    I just handed my SR9c over to my wife...lol. I got a CZ75 BD and fell in love with it. She's stoked at having the SR9c because it fits her hand so well.

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    i am very lucky to have my wife. My ex was anti gun. Qaia just about right after she got her green card(Filipina) she went out and got her LTCH. Last weekend she picked up matching purple LCP and LC9 s

Top Bottom