• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Not too terribly long ago, my nephew Daniel graduated from boot camp at Parris Island. He IS a United States Marine.

Not too long after that, he graduated his MOS (I apologize if not the correct Marine terminology!) schooling as an armorer.

He is now stationed in the Washington, D.C. area. Besides his armoring duties, his unit/platoon/? (Again, sorry) is in charge of operating the firing range. I presume this is at Quantico.

All 19 years and 155lbs of him are also tasked with the upkeep of the Silent Drill Team's rifles!!! How cool is that?!?!?!?!?!

So, on this 67th anniversary of the Normandy invasion, I am certainly proud of my nephew!

-J-

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    You must be very proud.

Are photos at his work permitted? If so we must have them.:D

:yesway: Inside look at all the neat gadgets.

I have NO idea!!! I'll have to email him through facebook and see if he has any pictures.

There weren't many in that family (I married into this one) who thought he'd make it. He passed high school by the film on his teeth. Fortunately / unfortunately, he'd signed up before graduation. His recruiter was going to be "on the hook", so to speak, if one of his boys didn't graduate and therefore couldn't complete the enlistment process. That recruiter's effort are what enabled him to graduate, I'm convinced!

Story goes about him (nephew) that the pistol instructors during basic training were asking HIM for tips/pointers. (this is the story related to my wife by her brother, the marine's other Uncle) His dad's a Federal Air Marshall and has been passing along handgun marksmanship skills for several years now. It's evidently paid off.

-J-

Top Bottom