• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FN USA

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Sellersburg
    Just saw the new 13.7" PSA Sabre. The specs look really enticing for a general purpose rifle with a 1-6x LPVO. This wouldn't be my main squeeze but a good all around-er. PSA seems to be stepping up their game lately, what say you?

Pic for attention Screenshot_20230414_103845_Reddit.jpg

Last edited:

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    I like the lineup. If I was in market for new rifle, I'd probably go that route. I like that they made their jackl into a rifle though. Thats very tempting as well

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    FSB rails are a waste when you're not converting an existing rifle. And I say that as a guy who rocks a 6920 with an FSB rail...

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    PSA has stepped on more than their "foot" when it comes to customer satisfaction and problem- free weapons. It will be soon that all their new stuff will get a Meh! from most knowledgeable shooters. The average Schmoe ain't gonna care as they will look at price. Who cares if it is worth a shoot?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I got to handle and have very long conversations with PSA last Friday regarding the H&R line (talked 10 minutes with Mike alone), the Jackyl, the AKs and the Sabre line. Was very impressed by the guns and the knowledge of the sales Garys (well, Mike from NDS is not just a Sales Gary, but you know what I mean).

JJE has opened its wallet and they will not be eating their seed corn a la Colt. I think in the near future we will be very impressed.

***REMINDER: Send the STG-44 photos from my office to Neil at PSA***

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    PSA has stepped on more than their "foot" when it comes to customer satisfaction and problem- free weapons. It will be soon that all their new stuff will get a Meh! from most knowledgeable shooters. The average Schmoe ain't gonna care as they will look at price. Who cares if it is worth a shoot?

Meh for now, but things are going to get exponentially better. JJE is dumping in cash on a Congressional level.

bf5565

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Elkhart
    I got to handle and have very long conversations with PSA last Friday regarding the H&R line (talked 10 minutes with Mike alone), the Jackyl, the AKs and the Sabre line. Was very impressed by the guns and the knowledge of the sales Garys (well, Mike from NDS is not just a Sales Gary, but you know what I mean).

JJE has opened its wallet and they will not be eating their seed corn a la Colt. I think in the near future we will be very impressed.

***REMINDER: Send the STG-44 photos from my office to Neil at PSA***
    Sounds like you had a pretty promising conversation with them. I been looking heavily into the Sabre rifle for a mid level ar. I might just hold off and see if they come out with a gen 2

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Sounds like you had a pretty promising conversation with them. I been looking heavily into the Sabre rifle for a mid level ar. I might just hold off and see if they come out with a gen 2
    PSA was extremely generous with their time as I was lucky enough to have multiple conversations: Mike of NDS about the H&R line, Neil about the STG, and a heavy set guy with a beard about the Sabres, Jackyl and AKs.

As my dad said, I was wearing enough convention C.S. (Chicken s**t) that they likely thought I was a somebody instead of just some dude from Lafayette, lol.

Heck, guys at Heckler und Koch thought I worked for HK and was like an undercover boss (buddy and I were speaking German). Told them that I was a nobody who was just into guns.

bf5565

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Elkhart
    PSA was extremely generous with their time as I was lucky enough to have multiple conversations: Mike of NDS about the H&R line, Neil about the STG, and a heavy set guy with a beard about the Sabres, Jackyl and AKs.

As my dad said, I was wearing enough convention C.S. (Chicken s**t) that they likely thought I was a somebody instead of just some dude from Lafayette, lol.

Heck, guys at Heckler und Koch thought I worked for HK and was like an undercover boss (buddy and I were speaking German). Told them that I was a nobody who was just into guns.
    Haha heck yeah! I was wanting to make the drive and go out the the show in Indy this past weekend but had way too much going on. I would have been asking those guys all kinds of info.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Haha heck yeah! I was wanting to make the drive and go out the the show in Indy this past weekend but had way too much going on. I would have been asking those guys all kinds of info.
    I kind of feel guilty for sucking time at Zenith, Primary Arms, HK, Savage (their straight pull), yelling at Colt, etc. but I always looked behind me to ensure I was not creating a logjam.

bf5565

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Elkhart
    I kind of feel guilty for sucking time at Zenith, Primary Arms, HK, Savage (their straight pull), yelling at Colt, etc. but I always looked behind me to ensure I was not creating a logjam.
    Hey I mean all you were doing was asking questions etc. no big problem there. I mean that’s why they have shows like that is for people like us to be able to go and see and ask questions.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Hey I mean all you were doing was asking questions etc. no big problem there. I mean that’s why they have shows like that is for people like us to be able to go and see and ask questions.
    Dead on, NRAAM is for end users, like us INGOers, not Bass Pro or RSR.

Also when do I yell at Colt if not there?

FN USA

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Sellersburg
    I don't own the AR in the first pic, just some rando off the interweb. I have been thinking about investing in one of these 13.7's as a general purpose rifle because I've been impressed with their other products. I have a RRA SPR I'm almost finished with and will use an LPVO I have on the 13.7. Basically comes with all the extras I usually put on my AR's anyway..

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    I am interested to see if anybody has their jackyl yet? I like how they did bring it own in a rifle version

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    Also when do I yell at Colt if not there?

Not that I know you or anything but I thought you were a fan of Colt based on pics you've posted? Or am I getting you confused with someone else on here posting several old Colt LE marked ARs?

What were you yelling at them for, either way? Out of curiosity.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Not that I know you or anything but I thought you were a fan of Colt based on pics you've posted? Or am I getting you confused with someone else on here posting several old Colt LE marked ARs?

What were you yelling at them for, either way? Out of curiosity.
    Well, I am not usually one to vent my frustrations with Colt on the Internet or anything . . . but . . . maybe I yelled at them about a FEW things:

1. Leave CT. That state is a leftist disaster zone. The overhead is killing the company.

2. Stop eating your seed corn. The budget for R&D is less than zero so you can pay bonuses to the BOD instead of developing new guns.

3. Make a pistol that conforms to the MHS requirements and actually sell it, curtail your 1911 Fudd line.

4. The guns you have, bring them to market instead of parading them around at trade shows. Bring back the guns that sold but you stopped, e.g. 901.

5. Retro is smoking hot but Jimmy won't pay $2,500 for a retro M16A1 clone, only the top tier of fanbois will do that. Stop that.

6. Why not Canadian variants here? A C7A1? A C8A3? Both smoking hot.

7. Stop bringing back Fudd guns from the grave.

8. Stop chasing SIG with your goofy bolt actions. Look, you are not SIG, don't try to be and those bolt actions are brain dead.

bf5565

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Elkhart
    I don't own the AR in the first pic, just some rando off the interweb. I have been thinking about investing in one of these 13.7's as a general purpose rifle because I've been impressed with their other products. I have a RRA SPR I'm almost finished with and will use an LPVO I have on the 13.7. Basically comes with all the extras I usually put on my AR's anyway..
    I’d have to agree with you, all of the info and research I have came up with is that they are incredibly strong rifles for the price point they’re at! I thinks it’s awesome they are releasing some with the FN barrel! If I pick one up which I’m sure I will. I’ll get the FN version with the b5 furniture.

FN USA

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Sellersburg
    I just had a thought, I have a pistol that will soon be outlawed in a month or so thanks to the ATF. I just might get a new barrel instead. Anyone have a good budget minded replacement that will shoot MOA?

Top Bottom