• ...and so much more!
  • nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I know. I've only seen pistol length AR-9s so I was curious if there were any benefits to a longer barrel length.

I'm surprised you've never seen an AR9 carbine. There are a lot of them out there from several different companies. Pistol caliber carbines are fun to shoot and practice with. Plus, the ammo costs less. As far as benefits, a little higher velocity and longer sight radius. I've shot AR9 pistols before, and they are fun to shoot. But I have no need for one. That's what my Glocks are for.(Not trying to be a smart ass.)

I do like the idea of an SBR AR9. I've seen many nice ones here on INGO. ;)

Btw, welcome to :ingo:

batmunch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Hamilton County
    I'm surprised you've never seen an AR9 carbine.

First off, thank you for the welcome! :): And along those lines, I've just recently started getting into guns so there's still a lot to learn! I appreciate you taking the time to answer. I wasn't trying to be bothersome, just ignorant I guess? Haha

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    First off, thank you for the welcome! :): And along those lines, I've just recently started getting into guns so there's still a lot to learn! I appreciate you taking the time to answer. I wasn't trying to be bothersome, just ignorant I guess? Haha

No bother at all. Many helpful people here. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

undeRGRound

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    Got one on it's way, wondering if I can adapt or just slap on my Colt Mag upper, it's also a PSA AR9 (earlier version) and it runs very well, with the PSA/Colt style mags. I have at least 99 rounds (3 mags) through it so far. I now have a G34 and a good # of Glunk mags in 9mm, including a drum, so a forged blemished lower for $119.99 was too good to pass up! Merry Xmas to me, I guess ;)

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Got one on it's way, wondering if I can adapt or just slap on my Colt Mag upper, it's also a PSA AR9 (earlier version) and it runs very well, with the PSA/Colt style mags. I have at least 99 rounds (3 mags) through it so far. I now have a G34 and a good # of Glunk mags in 9mm, including a drum, so a forged blemished lower for $119.99 was too good to pass up! Merry Xmas to me, I guess ;)

Should have asked before you bought. Might be wrong, but pretty sure the Glock and Colt versions are not compatible.

1donos

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I think the PSA G9 ar's use dedicated components.
    I have had good results from mine. Haven't had any feed issues or failure to eject. I ran cheap blazer brass ammo.

VZM.IMG_20160327_193541_zpsrrtxd0lr.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

243rem700

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Fort Wayne

You will need a new bolt carrier (or modify the current one) to use your Glock magazines in the existing upper. The Colt magazines are double stack and the Glock magazines are single stack, so the bottom of the bolt carrier is too wide on the Colt mag bolts.

undeRGRound

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    Finally built it, just waiting on the KAK AR-9 buffer kit, gonna run it around the 5.5oz that PSA recommends, heavier if I suppress it.
    I can run the 16" carbine upper on the glock mags, if I use the G9 bolt. Prolly not really ever do that, no reason to have a 16" barrel on a pistol lower.

Top Bottom