• ...and so much more!
  • nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Mine bolt stop has a little radius, but not much.

Hope this helps.

DKK_5397w%202_zpsd2oh2q04.jpg

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Thanks. Mine is now back to factory config and still cant get them to engage unless I pry up the paddle. Even then its "unsafe" because I can trip it using the shake test.

Its looking more and more like if I want a rifle with a bolt catch that works it will probably cost me another transfer fee and a wait to ship it back. *sigh*

I have plenty of chamber flags so I have safe alternatives for those range situations.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Its looking more and more like if I want a rifle with a bolt catch that works it will probably cost me another transfer fee and a wait to ship it back. *sigh*

Huh? Don't think so. Call PSA and demand that they send you a UPS prepaid shipping label, and send it back. As long as they only replace parts, and not the receiver, they send it back to you. No new firearm, no transfer needed.

Like I mentioned in my PM, my new Nikon D500 is currently at the service center getting fixed. Not happy about it, but poop happens.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Huh? Don't think so. Call PSA and demand that they send you a UPS prepaid shipping label, and send it back. As long as they only replace parts, and not the receiver, they send it back to you. No new firearm, no transfer needed.

Like I mentioned in my PM, my new Nikon D500 is currently at the service center getting fixed. Not happy about it, but poop happens.

Yeah, it happens. Not the end of the world.

The more I look at it and test, it appears to be geometry in the pin in the lower maybe combined with a radiused bolt face. I can test fit this upper to one of my AR rifle lowers and it engages pretty well. Its still dicey, but I dont think it is close enough to fail the shake test.

the only fix I can think of would be to have material added to a bolt catch face to make it ride higher. But Im not sure that can be done cheaper than a transfer fee.

Last edited:

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    So that's as far as the stop will physically move upwards? i.e. adding more material to the bottom of the catch so the mag follower has more to (gently) push on won't help?

nevermind, I just remembered you said no LRBHO... I'll shut up now. :)

Top Bottom