• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    I would start off by saying I couldn't find my wallet from the night before, so I went to work without it, thinking it was probably in my car anyway..... of course... you know what happens next.... t

When I am on my lunch break, I regularly leave work (Can't get called off break early, no people around, and can listen to music in my car if I want) and eat in a very large Christian church parking lot down the street. It has a field/park next to it, so it has a very large lot. This church also has some sort of pre-school or daycare inside it. I'm not sure which though, never been inside.
    Anyway, I have been doing this for well over a year, five days a week, about 30 minutes each day.
    Out of nowhere, a lady comes waddling across the parking lot. I am parked WAY away from the church, facing the field, so my license place is pointing towards her.
    I see she has a notebook in her hand. I had my windows down, car off. I roll up my windows as I see her approaching, and make sure my doors were locked. She gets behind my car, about 15 feet away, and writes my plate number down, and walks back to the church.

I think " Oh great, she thinks I'm a mass murderer "
    I do have a crossed rifle decal, Gadsden flag and NRA sticker on my car.
    I decided to finish my food, it would look mighty suspicious if I drive away now.

I see a police SUV drive down the street, and expect him to drive around the church, and come in through the back entrance to sneak up on me.

I am now done eating, and start my car. I drive out the front entrance, when I see the same SUV coming back down the street. He was first going maybe 30-40 and I was going to let him pass by, not cut him off. Then he gets into the turning lane without signaling, so I pull out.
    It was a ruse, he speeds up and gets behind me again, and follows me down the road a few blocks

I always use my cruise control, like stated in previous threads. I set it around 33 in a 30, with him right on my butt. I decide to cut it back to exactly 30, when he lights up.

This is quoted to the best of my ability

" Hello, I decided to stop you for two reasons "
    " Number 1 you were exceeding the posting speed limit, you were running around 35"

Sorry, I drive with my cruise control, it wasn't set to 35

"It wasn't a big deal, the other reason was because we got a call of a suspicious vehicle parked in front of the school down the street"

I eat there every day on my break, see here is my food ( holds up the to-go ). I was also in uniform, apron and everything.

" Alright, can I see your drivers license " HAHAH:noway::noway::noway::noway: Dummy lost his wallet today remember?

I proceed to look around in my car, then pop the trunk and check my jacket in the trunk. Then go to the glove box, and get my registration and insurance. He says " okay, just let me see that, is your name on the registration? "

Yep, my name and stepfathers name are on there.

He sees my stepfathers last name, and says is your mother "WXYZ"

Yep that's my mom.

" I know "WXYZ, you don't have any warrants or tickets or anything like that?"

Nope, nothing.

" Alright, well you are good to go "

Sorry about that, do they not want me at the church anymore? I guess I could eat at the library parking lot.

Yea, that would be best.

He then sees my mother's truck, and pulls into the bank parking lot she was in, and says " Hey I pulled over your son! He's good though! "

:cool:

So folks, with the recent shootings, has anyone else been targeted yet?

This was a very small local police department, in Hamilton County. I'd rather not give out too many details of where I work, live, etc.

ETA: I was banned from INGO, this obviously didn't happen today, I wasn't out there at 6 AM LOL!

Last edited:

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Single men parking by daycares tend to attract attention. It's too bad it must be, but that's the way the world works. The stickers were probably only a secondary concern at most.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Single men parking by daycares tend to attract attention. It's too bad it must be, but that's the way the world works. The stickers were probably only a secondary concern at most.

C'mon, it isn't because he was a SWM, it is because he had an NRA sticker. Liberals in the media have done their best to associate the NRA with every mass shooting, even though the shooters had no relationship whatsoever in most all of the cases, and in fact the shooters were almost entirely all liberals.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If I'm working at a school and a guy parks in the parking lot on a regular basis and has no business with the school, I'm going to check it out. I don't care what stickers are on the car. I probably would not call the police, but I would certainly look into it.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    They didn't really pay attention to me until I started offering the kids some candy to get in the car with me... haters.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Were you carrying? If so you need to be a little more careful as to where you picnic. Schools (church or public)are a no go.

Yeah, this was my first concern when I read your OP 92ThoStro.

I usually tend to keep to myself and be mindful of how what I'm doing May appear to others. If it was a public park I'd tell that waddle havin lady to take a hike but that was not the case.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    If it is a church daycare, the OP was likely fine. They are exempt from state licensing, and are therefor not a legal "school".

If it was a licensed daycare or a real, licensed preschool, then that would be an issue.

Looks like you need to find another lunch spot, in any case.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Well, I can't carry a firearm at work....

I was almost to my 2nd year eating there. If they did it "for the kids" they really suck to just now have noticed me. On multiple occasions there were police officers sitting side by side, facing opposite directions, talking with their windows down ( catching speeders?). They never rolled up next to me and asked what I was doing. It is a church that runs a daycare, but I wouldn't care even if it was a private school. I wouldn't open carry or anything like that though, lol. If I was carrying, it's not like the cop could go through my vehicle and find it unless I give consent to tear the vehicle apart. And if it was on my person, he probably wouldn't even see it either. He didn't even care when I stepped out of my car without asking permission, and walked to my trunk. He did stand behind me. IF there were firearms, they wouldn't be anywhere they could be seen. The officer has since said I should just eat at the public park, a little down the road. But I usually eat at the library now because there is shade, and there are too many people and screaming children at the park. And nobody has told me I couldn't go back to the church, it is a church after all. He just said it would be best if I didn't, since they might call 911 each time, and they have to go out and investigate.

And no, it isn't Noblesville, not Black SUVs either.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    They didn't really pay attention to me until I started offering the kids some candy to get in the car with me... haters.

Expat, don't you mean van?

afc6fb194b5ef3cb4fd9cc8145fe3bbb_zps56768843.jpg

Top Bottom