• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I have rode a bit of everything in my day but my Harley’s are my favorite. Yes I had the road gear (leather) and a few bandannas between me and the spouse it gust to keep our hair intact. Never jammed anyone’s choice for 2 wheels past a DUI scooter /moped. I have and will be a tad nasty to that crowd. Ride along with a lot of metric cruisers. Those bikes run/ride great. And the are easier on the budget.
    My bikes were never stock. They all are modified to some level and a few hit the insanity level.
    Never patched but I rode with many who did. Built/worked on a lot of their bikes. It is nice and very handy when those folks owe you.

Ride what suits you. It is fine with me.

As to the signals my junk had them. Plus we all used the proper arm signals even the 1%’s

I agree ride what you like. Only thing I’ve noticed is being on a metric bike HD guys don’t wave back. Don’t know what that’s about but I wave to every rider I pass. Except scooters. No scooters get the wave

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Just changed my chain and sprockets last night. I have turn signals, I don’t need hand signals. If I have to use hand signals it’s probably because I can’t communicate my displeasure without them. My favorite bikes are the ones with the handicapped plates. Never knew they made handicapped motorcycle plates until last year, seems contradictory.

Yes! Saw a bike with handicap plates and did a double take.

Don

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I have rode a bit of everything in my day but my Harley’s are my favorite. Yes I had the road gear (leather) and a few bandannas between me and the spouse it gust to keep our hair intact. Never jammed anyone’s choice for 2 wheels past a DUI scooter /moped. I have and will be a tad nasty to that crowd. Ride along with a lot of metric cruisers. Those bikes run/ride great. And the are easier on the budget.
    My bikes were never stock. They all are modified to some level and a few hit the insanity level.
    Never patched but I rode with many who did. Built/worked on a lot of their bikes. It is nice and very handy when those folks owe you.

Ride what suits you. It is fine with me.

As to the signals my junk had them. Plus we all used the proper arm signals even the 1%’s

That calls up a truly disturbing image. Don't the wires and clamps chafe? :):

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Just changed my chain and sprockets last night. I have turn signals, I don’t need hand signals. If I have to use hand signals it’s probably because I can’t communicate my displeasure without them. My favorite bikes are the ones with the handicapped plates. Never knew they made handicapped motorcycle plates until last year, seems contradictory.

That's like Handicap plates on a Corvette, if you can crawl your fat ass in and out of a Corvette you ain't handicapped!:laugh:

Oh I know, it's for your feeble old mum when you take her shopping. . . .riiiiight!

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Well, I've stayed on 4 wheels since my surgery, and I'm provisionally going to sell it when it's nice out; I'll know better if the surgery will let me tolerate that after, but this is a case where she's just too beautiful to lay down. I do have a scooter for kicking around town, go to the hardware for some TIG wire or whatever. I don't really trust any helmet I've been able to fit on my freakishly large cranium, but I do love my leather. Now, I've been driving the do-it-yourself Mustang both before surgery and since. The 4WD giant SUV has an electrical problem, and the chicken needs its thermostat and AC compressor replaced, so there you go. My tendency to say inappropriate things; my latest X was jammin to the potato potato, and I told her I bet I could quiet that down. :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That calls up a truly disturbing image. Don't the wires and clamps chafe? :):

My nick name for my bikes. I had a decal on the speedometer that said "Mr Junk"

It soon become how we addressed other peoples bikes. Like How is your Junk running. Etc and so on. Because we all know Harley's are Junk. But that is "Mr Junk" to you.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Well, I've stayed on 4 wheels since my surgery, and I'm provisionally going to sell it when it's nice out; I'll know better if the surgery will let me tolerate that after, but this is a case where she's just too beautiful to lay down. I do have a scooter for kicking around town, go to the hardware for some TIG wire or whatever. I don't really trust any helmet I've been able to fit on my freakishly large cranium, but I do love my leather. Now, I've been driving the do-it-yourself Mustang both before surgery and since. The 4WD giant SUV has an electrical problem, and the chicken needs its thermostat and AC compressor replaced, so there you go. My tendency to say inappropriate things; my latest X was jammin to the potato potato, and I told her I bet I could quiet that down. :):

Dont sell it. You’ll regret it every day. Where there’s a will there’s a way. I could never let go of my baby. I’ll get my handicapped plate and join in the jokes before I sell it

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    Ride whatever you want just ride !!! I ride a Harley but have owned just about all the metric's. Loved them too. I never wave unless they wave. Then by the middle of summer I get burnt out on waving lol. Hardly ever use hand signals . Ride on brothers.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

It's a mental thing. I used to partake. I've owned 4 metrics b4 I was 27. GS425 right out of HS. GS750 ES at 20. Kaw 900 Ninja at 21 after I totalled the 750 then at 26 I bought a GSXR1100 while i was at the Presidio of Monterey. Sold it after my eldest was born. Wanted to live to see him make adulthood. Been on one once since then. Does not hold the same fascination for me that it once did. Got the ugly scars to remind me why.

Top Bottom