• ...and so much more!
  • ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    would like to here from people with them......i had a DPMS LR308 AP4 and i have sellers remorse......have a chance to get a PSA PA10 for 750......just give me the good and bad....

:patriot:

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    First, if you have any issues, PSA will take care of you. As of late, their shipping and turn around times are typically 3-5 days. If buying from an individual, be sure to get their order number if you need to reference if for anything in the future.

If it's complete you'll be fine. If not, the lpk is proprietary. They have a larger take down pin, pivot pin, and bolt catch than standard 308 lpk's.

They take low tang handguards. This may be a deal breaker for some if you want to run a specific handguard like the Fortis Switch.

Be sure the rifle has the correct buffer for the buffer tube. You can run a standard H buffer but you'll also need the corresponding 27 coil spring and Armalite length buffer tube... or you can run an AR-15 carbine buffer tube with the short 308 buffer and 308 carbine buffer spring.

Check the serial number if buying used. Their first run of lowers did not like aftermarket triggers. The bcg would hang up on the hammer and would only reciprocate about 3/4 of the way to the rear before binding. The second lower I bought from PSA didn't have this issue and I was able to drop in a Geissele SSA-E without any modifications. If it is one of the early receivers and you wish to put a Geissele in it, Geissele will mod your hammer for free.

The back of the ping pong paddle (bolt catch) needs ground off ever so slightly to avoid marring the upper receiver. 5 seconds on a grinding wheel it all it takes.

Some of their early stainless barrels (made by Wilson) had too lengthy of a free bore. PSA will replace and pay shipping both ways.

The nickel boron bcg's were originally shipped with the wrong extractor spring. It was far too stiff which didn't allow the bolt to go into battery because the extractor couldn't ride over the case rim. A BCM extractor upgrade spring fixes this. A standard AR-15 extractor spring is too short and let's the extractor flop around.

My two PA-10 builds are about 80% PSA. I didn't use their barrels, handguards, charging handles, or triggers. I have an 18" with a Mega barrel and a 12.5" sbr with a CMMG barrel. If you have any other questions, I'll answer what I can.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom