• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    I finally pulled the trigger and ordered this yesterday....
    Palmetto State Armory 16" 5.56, M4A1 Hammer-Forged, Chrome-Lined, Patrol Carbine.:ar15:

This will be my first AR. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping I made the right decision...Anyone else purchase items from them and know how long it takes them to ship out?

I purchased their midlength 14.5 inch complete kit minus stripped lower. It took right at two weeks to get it after it was ordered. I was told it all depends on where they are in a production run and the wait can sometimes be less. My wife loves her new AR that I built with this kit.

alloyguitar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I'll throw a report out there. I bought pretty much everything but a stripped lower (already had one) and rear sight from them for my 14.5."

Took less than two business weeks for it to make it to my door. Only problem was that I had ordered magpul furniture, and the grip and trigger guard were foliage green, whereas the stock was od green (I'd ordered od green). It was an honest mistake, though, since the lower build kit comes in a plastic bag with a psa sticker on it, but no part number. I'm sure someone just looked in the bag and saw green and went with it. Honestly, I couldn't tell the difference, either, when it was in the bag.

Well I shot them an email. Took them about a day and a half to respond. They're busy, so I was expecting that. They apologized, said they'd send out the correct parts that day with a return label for the incorrect stuff. In ten minutes I received another email with a tracking number for the parts.

As far as assembly was concerned, it was my first I'd put together and took maybe 45 minutes with the help of a tutorial on ar15.com (I believe). Didn't have an issue at all with assembly that wasn't chocked up to my being a novice regarding rifle assembly (installed the wrong spring in the wrong spot. No biggie).

Shooting, it performed great. Had a few ftf's with american eagle ammunition (4 in 40 rds), but none in 150rds of lake city/winchester. The primer strikes looked shallow on the ftf rounds, but all the others seemed fine, so i'm guessing it was hard primers or something else ammo related, since it performed well with other ammunition.

If anybody wants to see specific parts, let me know and i'll try to shoot some photos of whatever.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    :rockwoot:Congrats! I have heard many great things about PSA and I have had nothing but positive experiences with PSA parts and rifles personally. I am sure you did well and will enjoy it. That is a very fair price IMO and don't blame you for jumping on it.

Be sure to post a pic when you get her! Congrats again and enjoy!!! :ar15:

Palmettos

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    Columbia, SC
    Anyone else purchase items from them and know how long it takes them to ship out?

Rifles/uppers are currently taking around 15 business days to manufacture. We are having to test fire everything we manufacture off site until our in house shooting chamber is ready. This is slightly increasing estimated shipping times.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i ordered from them in august. the upper arrived in a week. the complete lower and another stripped lower took a bit longer.

my only issue was actually getting a confirmation that my FFL was on file, which was frustrating. However, the rifle has been flawless.

I definitely recommend them.

danimal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Unincorporated Lake County
    i ordered 3 stripped PSA lowers at the labor day special; my brother and i are looking at building up a couple different ARs. the finish on all 3 were flawless, and i got 3 sequential serial numbers to boot! we're looking at building one up for my dad's 60th in May, and looking hard at the PSA complete uppers. we're trying to find a sturdy, reliable upper/build that'll make the old man grin from ear to ear every time he pulls it out, that doesn't break the bank. i am definitely interested in how yours turns out.

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    I have one complete PSA gun. I bought 3 stripped lowers at the Father's Day sale. I built one up using their parts kit and topped it off with their 16" mock dissy upper. It has run flawless since day one. The second lower, I built up again using their parts kit, but substituted a RRA 2 stage trigger. I topped that lower off with a RRA Predator Pursuit upper. The combo has been flawless as well. 3rd lower is waiting for me to decide what my final configuration will be (I keep bouncing back and forth on that AR build), but when I do decide you can bet that at a minimum it will have a PSA LPK in the heart of it.

PSA so far has been rock solid for me and zero complaints.

windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    I built a 20" FN upper and a 16" hammer forged kit (same upper as the rifle mentioned by the OP). Both have shot flawlessly. I will say the fit between the 20" upper and the PSA lower is perfect. I built the 16" on a Spikes lower and there is some play between upper and lower. I think since you are getting a PSA upper and lower yours will fit perfect.

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    I built a 20" FN upper and a 16" hammer forged kit (same upper as the rifle mentioned by the OP). Both have shot flawlessly. I will say the fit between the 20" upper and the PSA lower is perfect. I built the 16" on a Spikes lower and there is some play between upper and lower. I think since you are getting a PSA upper and lower yours will fit perfect.

The problem is the Spikes lower. I have a Spike's complete lower that nothing is a tight fit on, even my Spikes, HF, 14.5", Mid-length upper.

windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    Last night I put the 20" upper on the Spikes lower and it was decently tight. The 16" upper fit better on the Palmetto lower but was looser than the 20". I think it is just a case of two parts that are on opposite ends of the tolerance range.

Top Bottom