4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    I've got an order for a whole rifle for a buddy and a full upper for me that is in the holding pattern. My upper has been out of stock for awhile...once it comes back online I'll be buying. I wonder if I can call and get it on backorder or if they can make a single if they already have payment.

Palmettos

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    Columbia, SC
    I've got an order for a whole rifle for a buddy and a full upper for me that is in the holding pattern. My upper has been out of stock for awhile...once it comes back online I'll be buying. I wonder if I can call and get it on backorder or if they can make a single if they already have payment.

We don't do any backorders at this time. Which upper were you waiting on to come back in stock?

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    We don't do any backorders at this time. Which upper were you waiting on to come back in stock?

My buddy is going to buy the complete 16" mid length rifle with the MOE upgrade. I'm waiting on the 16" mock dissy non Hammer Forged, for $450ish. I just received a LPK from you guys with the Geissele trigger. What a great piece of hardware and a smoking price. We'll be making that purchase together at almost the time its back in stock. I need to get my FFL to fax in his paper...maybe I should do that so we're ready to go.

czyhorse

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    Seymour
    It finally arrived yesterday! Here are some pics. I began sighting the irons in at 25 yds today and plan to sight the red dot in sometime tomorrow.

Everything looked good. The rifle feels solid. My only complaint was the trigger pull seemed very stiff and I'll probably look into upgrading that at some point.

I'm glad I purchased this when I did, since these have now gone up in price to $1150.:eek:

img2816c.jpg

img2815a.jpg

img2817ac.jpg

czyhorse

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    Seymour
    Update:

Since this is my first AR, I would appreciate any suggestions as to what I need to look for when checking everything over and making sure that the firearm was assembled properly.

Upon sighting my gun in at 25 yards, I noticed that my initial shots were placing far right. To get the irons dialed in, I ended up adjusting the windage on my MBUS rear sight quite considerably to the left. Upon further inspection I realized that my front sight base may be canted to the left.

img2883d.jpg

img2880k.jpg

I have also noticed when examining spent brass, that a small scratch is visible about halfway up the casing. Is this something to be concerned about? I have had no FTF or FTE on this rifle so far. I have shot approximately 60 to 80 rounds through it.

img2886dj.jpg

I also noticed some kind of yellowish/white grease/lubricant around the delta ring where the barrel meets the upper receiver. Anyone know what that is? Should it be there?

img2859a.jpg

Below are some pictures of the upper and lower receiver. I like the look of the PSA logo and the "multi" caliber designation on the lower. The upper and lower have a bit of play between them, the fit is not sloppy, but not as tight as I was expecting since they are both PSA. Then again, since I have nothing to compare this to, this is just a judgment call.

img2858dl.jpg

img2863vm.jpg

Is there any other area of the rifle I should check out before I contact PSA? I am reserving any judgment on PSA until after I contact them and see if they can make everything right. I realize that my order went in and was fulfilled right before a major holiday, so errors can happen.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Everything you are concerned about is normal.

The grease is from where they lubed the threads on the upper receiver so that the barrel nut (steel) doesn't gall the receiver threads (aluminum).

Rear sight adjusted to the left is a bit, but not excessive.

Fit between the upper and lower doesn't affect anything, a little play is normal.
    Some seem to think tighter is better, until they have to use something to pound the rear take down pin out instead of a push with their thumb as is meant to be.

The little scratches on the brass are more than likely where it is hitting the rear of the ejection port.

oh....move your MBUS back into the first notch on the rail. :D

Good looking carbine :rockwoot:

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    I wouldn't be happy with a canted front sight. I'd give them a call I'm sure they will take care of you.

Otherwise, nice gun, I have a PSA too, and love it.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Thanks for the reply, mvician. Is it normal to expect a front sight base to be somewhat canted? How can I get it back on center?

I've heard many different ways, but it sounds like it is not canted that much from looking at the pic of your MBUS.

I would shoot the rifle some more, and have another experienced AR shooter see if it shoots the same for them as it does you.

I'd let PSA know right away tho, send them an email with the pic of the MBUS and tell them that you are going to shoot it some more first.

mskendall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    NE Indy
    Any updates? I've been looking at one and want to order worry free. That's definitely a noticeable cant. Out of the ARs I've seen, that's no good...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom