• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    yeah that's where I saw it as well. I don't know much about the PTAC stuff, I'm just assuming it's entry level quality. For a plinker that's a darn good price point!

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    The ptac stuff just isn't as quality as the palmetto stuff. I have shot a couple ptac uppers though some friends ordered from them and they work just fine... If you wanted to have a trunk or stash gun someplace or even knew someone who didn't have a rifle but wanted one without breaking the bank you just couldn't go wrong for $400!

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    When I got the email I could have ordered 2 and I played around with it for a while to see how many they had.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Are there any visible markings to differentiate between the PTAC line and the regular PSA stuff? I'd be leery of someone selling one of these as a regular PSA for almost twice what they paid.

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    I had one of their uppers I bought for a cheap build. Using cheap brass ammo it grouped about 2.5 to 4 inches but it worked well under some mild abuse.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    For $399 I would have tried one to just see how it did. Ive heard mixed reviews about the PTAC line but heck for that price I could deal with it not being perfect. Be a nice starter AR for someone without a bunch of money or an awesome truck gun, lol

bigbaloo95

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2014
    wolcottville
    I have a ptac upper on a Franken ar. It does what it's supposed to. 2" groups at 100 yards with cheap reloads and a red dot. Never had a malfunction even with steel case stuff.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I wouldn't touch anything ptac. It's ****. Others experiences may vary but if you've been into afew of them the lack of quality it visible. Buy once cry once.

How did you come to that conclusion? I have no experience with the new PTAC lowers, but I have built and shot 4 AR's, all with PTAC uppers and PSA lowers, the fit and finish was excellent on all of them, no burring, or tool marks, good solid finishes. They fit perfectly, with a great seam between upper and lower, Most importantly, they all shoot very well.
    Just curious if you know something I dont.

PICT6079_zps6741dd19.jpg
    PICT6078_zps9d3f562b.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom