• ...and so much more!
  • dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    179   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    .....and they sold out in no time.

Bad for me who wants to pick up some but refuses to pay the inflated flipper prices (I don't want to drag that conversation up).

BUT, it may help to stop some of the "secondary" retailing & stabilize the 22 market a bit if they can hold it in stock & not sell out in a short period.

mik1202002

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Feb 12, 2009
    Greencastle
    It is crazy guess I will remember this after the ammo craze is over and take psa off my list. I know some don't like to back order but I went ahead and back ordered some mini mags from midway. I have plenty for now its worth the wait...if I get them :dunno:

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    It is crazy guess I will remember this after the ammo craze is over and take psa off my list. I know some don't like to back order but I went ahead and back ordered some mini mags from midway. I have plenty for now its worth the wait...if I get them :dunno:

im confused, you don't want to buy from PSA because they sold out?

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Well, it's better than some other "vetted" retailers are doing... $130 at Ammoman, the prices that Cheaper than Dirt had were crazy during the panic (and unfortunately, people are starting back up to suggest them as a source for accessories :( ). Leading me into: we can make our lists, we won't shop with so and so, that's fine. I concentrate on who I won't buy from locally, such as stores that wanted $100 then $60 for Pmags or $40 for a box of 50 9mm S&B ammo during said panic (not to mention the countless times they "know from a good source" that they are getting rid of the lifetime permits and so on).

$50 isn't as bad as some. If I still had any .22s, I would pay up to that... Sad, but hey! The plus side is we are seeing more and more retailers coming up with .22! lol

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I hate flippers just as much as everyone, but one thing many people don't understand is that just because a dealer is selling .22 for $50-60 per brick, does not necessarily mean they are gouging. In many cases, including the shop I work at, we can get a few bricks every now and then, but we are paying more for it too. A shop can't sell ammo for less than they pay for it, and it's either have some and charge $50 a brick for it, or have none. I honestly believe (unfortunately) that days of $20 bricks of 22 are behind us.

mik1202002

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Feb 12, 2009
    Greencastle
    im confused, you don't want to buy from PSA because they sold out?

No, I will not be purchasing from them now or in the future due to their high prices currently. While it does prevent flippers, charging ten times what a product is worth is crazy. It's like saying in a year gas prices will be $30-$35 per gallon.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I hate flippers just as much as everyone, but one thing many people don't understand is that just because a dealer is selling .22 for $50-60 per brick, does not necessarily mean they are gouging. In many cases, including the shop I work at, we can get a few bricks every now and then, but we are paying more for it too. A shop can't sell ammo for less than they pay for it, and it's either have some and charge $50 a brick for it, or have none. I honestly believe (unfortunately) that days of $20 bricks of 22 are behind us.
    Edited to keep people from getting angry.

Last edited:

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    No, I will not be purchasing from them now or in the future due to their high prices currently. While it does prevent flippers, charging ten times what a product is worth is crazy. It's like saying in a year gas prices will be $30-$35 per gallon.

I think most of their ammo prices are more than fair

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County

I bought three bricks at WalMart last week. I believe they were $20.97+tax.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    [/B]
    I bought a brick of Federal .22 at INGO's most hated store, Gander Mountain, a few weeks ago for $22.99. :dunno:

Not saying it isn't possible, just highly unlikely for the current demand. I'm not paying the high prices either, an refuse to pay more than .07c per round. I actually picked up a brick locally the other day for $24. But I understand that good deals come around, and some shops just have to take what they can get.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    jdMack...you are mistaken. Every thread I've ever seen says Gander Mountain sucks. You must be mistaken.

Boycotting PSA because their cost on Ammo went up? Really? I have seen highly lauded gun shops selling bricks for a 100 bucks. Its a sign of the times. They pay what they have to to have it on the shelf...then people buy it. Anyone ever think that they are just passing on what they were charged from their distributors for the ammo they sell?

Walmart, Gander Mountain(they suck by the way), Dicks(they suck even worse) and other big box retailers have contracts that are keeping their costs down. When those contracts are up...you can bet big box stores are going to have to raise prices.

Mephitical

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Lebanon

Obviously someone didn't think the prices were high...but hey opinions are like ...holes and this ones yours.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    You guys better boycott Midway is $203 per 500, T County Tactical is $30 for 100 CCI, Ammunition Depot is $17 per 50. Ammunition Store, BulkAmmo, Rare Ammo, Ammo Depot.......all around $100 per 500. They are all crazy!!

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    You guys better boycott Midway is $203 per 500, T County Tactical is $30 for 100 CCI, Ammunition Depot is $17 per 50. Ammunition Store, BulkAmmo, Rare Ammo, Ammo Depot.......all around $100 per 500. They are all crazy!!

Your Midway price seems off a bit Fedral 525 pack $20.99 CCI Mini-mag $305 per 5000. They are all on back order though

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Seems like the .22 LR was loosening up in the late summer into the fall, now it's dried up again.

I bought a little at a time when it was available a few months ago, so I'm good....for now.

Top Bottom