• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Well, judging by PSA's recent history they won't be shy about gouging. Don't look for them to undercut the market rate, especially not with the hard end of any and all Russian import this week. No contract runouts, people literally aren't accepting any shipments of any goods of any kind from Russia anymore. They can't even sell their crude, let alone their ammo.

By 2023, Wolf and Tula will be a memory. Whatever PSA plans to spin up, it won't come close to filling that hole.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Supply and demand.
    That's what it's all about.
    I don't expect them to give it away, but I'm also sure they won't ask more than the market will bear.

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    I'm surprised there hasnt been a bigger push for American steel case production.

There was that Winchester USA forged stuff, unsure where it was actually made.. But I have seen that stuff shut down several handguns. Heard others have issues as well.

Hopefully PSA can pull it off well.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It doesn’t seem like anyone can make it as cheap and in the volume of the Russians.
    wasn't Kalashnikov USA going to start making ammo also?
    as big as Turkey has gotten in the gun game, you would think that ammo would come naturally

seadoodr.

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    martinsville
    I'm surprised there hasnt been a bigger push for American steel case production.

There was that Winchester USA forged stuff, unsure where it was actually made.. But I have seen that stuff shut down several handguns. Heard others have issues as well.

Hopefully PSA can pull it off well.
    I ran 450 rds of that steel Winchester 9mm through a couple of my handgun with no issues.

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Well, judging by PSA's recent history they won't be shy about gouging. Don't look for them to undercut the market rate, especially not with the hard end of any and all Russian import this week. No contract runouts, people literally aren't accepting any shipments of any goods of any kind from Russia anymore. They can't even sell their crude, let alone their ammo.

By 2023, Wolf and Tula will be a memory. Whatever PSA plans to spin up, it won't come close to filling that hole.
    Seems to me the PSA branded stuff has been very reasonably priced throughout this whole mess the last 2 years. If they're producing their own ammo under the PSA name I wouldn't be surprised to see very competitive prices here as well.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Just got the last case of Russian ammo I'm going to buy, getting way to pricey
    View attachment 185777

Nice Vympel score. Same here - ordered what's likely my last retail case of Russian ammo and it arrived two days after the invasion began. What's on the water is probably all we'll ever see again in our lifetimes, and whatever arrives stateside expect easily 50+ cents a round.

7.62x39 guys are gonna be fine, with all the other countries making it. I really feel bad for anyone just getting into 5.45x39. Here's to hoping Romania sees the financial incentive and picks up some slack.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    It doesn’t seem like anyone can make it as cheap and in the volume of the Russians.
    wasn't Kalashnikov USA going to start making ammo also?
    as big as Turkey has gotten in the gun game, you would think that ammo would come naturally

KUSA teased some stuff the day of the Russian invasion - the 124-grain projectiles, lacquered cartridges and purple sealant, and case weights printed in kg vs. lb screams Vympel, although a KUSA social media employee claimed it's not.

If it is indeed Russian-made, they picked literally the worst day in history to announce their new plan.

Turkish x39 is already available here in the US. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they ramp up production even more.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Not Russian, but I just got an 1120 rd. case of Yugo M67 on SKS stripper clips. Probably just going to hang onto it unopened as an investment. Supposed to be good I guess?

It's among the best x39 ammo ever produced. Up there with the old Lapua stuff. Lightly corrosive primers so clean accordingly, but it's high quality and quite accurate ammo.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It's among the best x39 ammo ever produced. Up there with the old Lapua stuff. Lightly corrosive primers so clean accordingly, but it's high quality and quite accurate ammo.
    "Best" how though? I'm genuinely curious. Like, say how does it compare to Golden Tiger or other Vympel commercial ammo? Advantages and disadvantages (other than mildly corrosive primers)?

Top Bottom