• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JByer323

Expert
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    The Appleseed store has some USGI slings up on their website. They got them in yesterday, and apparently only got 200. These are the real deal, brand new, straight from the manufacturer who provides them to the military.

Yeah, I bought five. :D

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Mar 21, 2008
    The ones that Appleseed recommends at Midway have been discontinued, so this is good news!

JByer323

Expert
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Yeah, no idea how much longer they're actually going to be in stock, but figured I'd give everyone a heads up.

I used a CTD one this weekend, and it was alright, but came loose a couple times on me.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    Would anyone happen to have a working number to call the Appleseed Store besides this non-working number?

336-879-2144?

Some lady picked up and said this was "Sort of the Appleseed Store".. either it is or it isn't!

She then proceeded to give me a number that nobody answers.

Great customer service these people have.. really great.

Per your PM, I am looking into this for you. Keep in mind, Appleseed is 100% volunteer and that means nothing we do has paid people waiting by the phone for a call. Someday I hope we will get that big, but today we are not.

I will find out asap and get back to you as soon as I know!

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    I'm really beginning to get very frustrated and downright mad now.

I have found the person you need. You still need to PM me your name or something so that I have a way to track the order.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    Everyone, just to be clear, expect your items to ship out roughly 72 business hours after ordering. If you order on a friday, Wed. would be about the time it would ship.

The store was added as a help to those who cannot find certain items any other place. It is not a profit center for our non-for-profit. It is just a helpmate and run by volunteers - and as such it runs pretty well. As we grow, someday we might become so large that we can some day have full time employees, and then shipment might happen within 24-48 business hours.

But today 2-3 Business days to ship is what you can expect.

Hope that helps everyone for the future.

DHolder

Expert
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    I ordered one a couple of weeks ago, took about a week to get. I put that baby on this week, took it to the range, got in a couple hours of trigger time, look out at Cloverdale this weekend. :rockwoot:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    I ordered one a couple of weeks ago, took about a week to get. I put that baby on this week, took it to the range, got in a couple hours of trigger time, look out at Cloverdale this weekend. :rockwoot:

Say "Hi!" to dave and crew, and have a ball.

Top Bottom