• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • newdumdum9825

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Seymour, IN
    so this morning i stumbled upon a compound bow in the dumpster and thought ehhhh it must be junk
    but i turned around as curiosity took over

well after i pulled it out i noticed hat its in remarkable shape

only problems are its missing the hand grip, the arrow rest, the sights, needs new string cause the string on it now looks bad, theres a broken piece on the top arm, the part that holds the sight is broke and also it seems like some of the wires are on the wrong side of the bar in the last pic

also ive pulled the string back a few times and everything seems in workin order

now i have only shot a bow once in my life and ive been wanting to get into archery.

someone told me once that i should buy a bow from a pawn shop than take it in somewhere and tell em i want the draw weight checked and restrung but i cant remember where he said to take it. it was either gander mountain or the outdoorsman in greenwood

much help tryin to find what i need and what to do would be appreciated

Last edited:

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    Look on ebay for parts. Don't spend too much. I've seen these exact bows selling for $50-75 in perfect shape. In fact I bought one 8 years ago with the rest, quiver, sights, etc for $100.

newdumdum9825

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Seymour, IN
    ive seen some listed for 175 used

ill keep ebay and all in mind

but its kinda the whole idea of "wow my first bow!" thats kinda got me a bit excited to turn it around into something new and usable

would it be a good idea to revamp it just to get me into archery?

newdumdum9825

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Seymour, IN
    archers in greenwood is a butcher shop, the outdoorsman is in greenwood and that's where I take mine

thats it! i forgot i had 2 people tellin me about different places in greenwood

the one guy said to take a bow to the outdoorsman

and the other guy said if i do start huntin something about takeing a deer to archers

cause i am tryin to remember a convo from almost 8 months ago

rookie mistake

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Busted limb cup. Not an expensive part. Neither is the grip. Probably have a used part in most PSE dealer's bucket of goodies.

Bowpress to take it apart and replace cup. Dunno what shops charge these days.

Novas could be had with machined single or dual cam systems. The Team Fitzgerald has plastic wheels IIRC. Later it was called the Deer Hunter.
    Like Garbers said, good shape, 100 tops (with stuff).

May or may not be worth fixing.

But even if not fixed, some folks want aluminum risers..........to Warf into recurves. There it seems a warfable riser runs 50 bucks and up.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    That bow is not expensive and I just gave one away that was like brand new with a ton of extras. I would craiglist it for a small price and walk away.

patricktjms

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Springport, Indiana
    I have hunted with a PSE Nova since 1999 and I refuse to get rid of it. I have taken more deer than I care to count with it and see no reason to upgrade. I have Girts Archery in Anderson do all of my work. Full service archery shop with indoor range if you are up for the drive.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    The first PSE Novas were plastic hatchet cam models, IIRC of 41 or 42"axle to axle. They were a little faster than their metal cam' counterpart called the Vector. Both has glass limbs and Magnesium cast risers. Old Novas could get bad cam lean, some cam issues too. And that era of limb also cracked at the V of the forks way too often (and or overlays -either model).

I had a Vector, shot my first deer with it. Buddy had the Nova. They then made the "II" series and I think they dropped the names for a spell. Everything then was "something or other -Flite". Those had cut past center risers, cast, that had pockets for PSE proprietary sight/rest systems. Don't think the Novas ever did, until it they put that name on a machined riser rig so named.

Machined riser Novas- had 2 of the Single cam versions (adjustment for DL was to move string to different peg or slot, and it was longer in increment one way, shorter the other- not +/- an even amount. So my first one was a tad long, the shorter one, lengthened, hit my DL correct. Should have just gotten a Synergy dual cam version.

Not sure if PSE used the Nova name before the early 80's.

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    If the limbs are not twisted and it "Tills" (they both bend straight with the same force) and the draw length is adjustable to fit you, get the parts. They are not expensive. This bow is like a Marlin model 60. Nothin fancy, but solid. As mentioned, not worth a lot,maybe 100 after you fix it

Top Bottom