• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    in the process of building up my PSL parts kit on a Nodak Spud receiver as some of you guys know. I may post the build on here depends how many pic's i remember to take while building it. I know i have to use light ball ammo due to the bolt group smacking the rear trunnion (one of the reasons i choose the nodak spud receiver over the romak3 to correct this problem) but whats the best you can get for the dollar? how are the groupings? id love under a min of angle but im not going to buy match grade ammo nor the high dollar sniper ammo. Aim surplus has both romainian 149gr nand russian 147grn 440 spam cans im leaning towards the Russian but would love so input from you guys.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    reloading is something i am considuring in the future mainly cause 223 pricing is getting out of control but i dont have the set up just yet nor the know how to trust myself just yet and surplus ammo is easy to find for the 54r so im leaning that way for the time being

DerFreischutz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Lafayette/Fort Wayne
    I can't speak from experience on the PSL (though I really really wish I could...), but I thought I would point out that the Russian is on sale right now with the coupon code "NRA" according to the Aim's Facebook page. It brings the it down to $69.95 and expires May 8th I believe. The price is tempting me, even though I have lots of surplus already.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    I can't speak from experience on the PSL (though I really really wish I could...), but I thought I would point out that the Russian is on sale right now with the coupon code "NRA" according to the Aim's Facebook page. It brings the it down to $69.95 and expires May 8th I believe. The price is tempting me, even though I have lots of surplus already.
    thanks for the heads up!! that helps quite a bit i dont think ill be able to pass that deal up

builder_one

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I've used 80's Polish surplus and 50's Bulgarian surplus, both light ball. IIRC the Polish gave around 3+/- MOA and the Bulgarian was a little larger. Haven't had the chance to try any Romanian or Russian surplus in it yet. I believe I would buy the Russian over the Romy unless you can buy some small samples of each.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    I've used 80's Polish surplus and 50's Bulgarian surplus, both light ball. IIRC the Polish gave around 3+/- MOA and the Bulgarian was a little larger. Haven't had the chance to try any Romanian or Russian surplus in it yet. I believe I would buy the Russian over the Romy unless you can buy some small samples of each.
    no small samples ive seen just yet just bought 2 cans of the Russian but still think of picking up various amounts of others. If the Russian groups good thats great otherwise the nagants could use some warm barrels lol :ar15:

CarnageRush

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harrison County
    Mine seems to prefer the Russian stuff. I've got some Albanian light ball that is terrible though (go figure). I've been thinking about trying some of the Romanian surplus but there are too many other things on my to buy list right now that it probably won't happen by the time it runs out.

Rick983

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Correct Ammo for PSL

From what I've read, the rifling is designed for the 148 gr ball ammo, not the heavier 190+ gr ball. Ususally when you hear something negative about the accuracy of these guns, it can be traced to the wrong bullet weight. I love mine. :rockwoot:

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    From what I've read, the rifling is designed for the 148 gr ball ammo, not the heavier 190+ gr ball. Ususally when you hear something negative about the accuracy of these guns, it can be traced to the wrong bullet weight. I love mine. :rockwoot:
    Well fingers are crossed that she'll like the Russian 147grn. Not to add that the 190 grn ammo is a no no in PSL's seen pictures of destroyed chamber lips, cracked receivers and messed up rear trunnions.

Top Bottom