• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    The founding fathers gave me the right to own guns just like they gave her the right to say stupid things. Since I am suppose to be limited to muskets, she should be limited to pages printed on a printing press and distributed to guys on a corner by horseback.
    Good point. Maybe you should submit a rebuttal to her stupid article. :yesway:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The founding fathers gave me the right to own guns just like they gave her the right to say stupid things. Since I am suppose to be limited to muskets, she should be limited to pages printed on a printing press and distributed to guys on a corner by horseback.

Make that a hand set, single page at a time, with no aid of electricity, printing press.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    They do tend to resort to that particular ad hominem very readily, don't they? Odd for someone who claims to be the only rational side in the debate. :):
    Her entire article was ad hominem and logical fallacies. As soon as I saw the Zimmerman reference I wanted to see how deep the rabbit hole went. I have to give her some credit though, she never claimed to be rational :):

TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    Wow, that's an old and tired drum to be beating. Of course, I'm sure she's not interested in actually listening to answers to any of the "questions" that she asks in her letter.

Exactly. If someone was to waste their time and write to her, providing rational and logical answers to her questions, it wouldn't change a damn thing in her mind. She's already answered all of her own questions, in her own way... no matter how irrational it is.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I can't believe I read the whole thing. I can't believe anyone would pay her a dime for psychological services. One old bitter cynical judgemental hag taking swipes at people she doesn't know. She's too busy swinging to ever have a conversation with. It will never happen and I'll never miss it. She's the aggressor, and will never understand a protector's mindset. Bet she has no problem with killing babies though.

JEDenny

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2015
    Georgetown
    Some of you want pistols to protect yourselves and your families.
    YES.
    Some shoot defenseless animals for sport. And some own military weapons that can mow down large groups of schoolchildren or moviegoers.
    My AR has never escaped from the safe, loaded itself, traveled the eight miles to the nearest school / movie theater and mow down anything. ITS NOT THE GUN!
    It may be a constitutional right to bear arms
    Exactly, you can stop there.
    Are you waiting for a once-rare-but-now-more-frequent mass shooting or another shooting so you can save the day, planning to kill the “bad" guys?
    Once is all you get to defend yourself and your family – after that . . . well its too late – there will be no need because the bad guy has a gun and I don’t. We all know how this ends.
    Are you asking to be imprisoned?
    No, I’m asking to live and defend myself and my family
    AARRRRGGGGGG I thought I could make it through this…..I got to go for a walk.

:soapbox:

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    My rights do not hinge on the understanding or blessings of whining crybaby sheep.

Agreed. Or, to paraphrase... her feelings do NOT trump my rights.

The author doesn't really want to understand. She wants to vilify. Plus, that whole "muskets" argument is getting long in the tooth. Why do you suppose the framers used the generic term "Arms" instead of specifying "Muskets"??

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You are correct. Why would anyone need to print more than 1 copy of 1 page at a time. The time it takes to reload the press gives them time to think about what they said.

No way the founders could have conceived of the Internet and its ability to disseminate news at giga-bit speeds. Who needs information that fast?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    She wants to understand.

Unfortunately she never will. I believe she is too far gone to ever be capable of objectively considering the debate. This is not surprising given her career choice which largely consists of searching for excuses and providing reasons why people should not be held accountable for their own behavior.

MangoIN5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2013
    Clinton County
    Many of the mass shootings referred to were by disturbed young men that no law could deter from their intended destruction. Why were the warning signs ignored? Many of these men were clearly troubled, all three were on medication for their issues.....so my guess is some professional did not do their job to keep people safe from the disturbed and this one, rather than look in her profession for reasons warning signs were missed, would rather cast blame to meet an agenda.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The answers to her questions are readily available. She just chooses not to look, or understand what she sees.
    Newspapers have police reports.
    You can go online and find people that have defended themselves.
    She just chooses to do what's easy.
    The media will show the bad use of a gun, and post it nationwide.
    But a good use, bury it.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    "Please help us all understand your thinking, feelings or logic. And then, maybe we can have a safe and honest conversation about your fear, your anger and your obsession with power, control and violence."

I keep a firearm at home (or on my person) or the same reasons that i keep an up-to-date fire extinguisher in my house and an inflated spare tire in my car.
    And I am not obsessed with power, control, and violence.

Thanks for projecting every irrational idea on MILLIONS of safe and responsible gun owners.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    "Please help us all understand your thinking, feelings or logic. And then, maybe we can have a safe and honest conversation about your fear, your anger and your obsession with power, control and violence."

I keep a firearm at home (or on my person) or the same reasons that i keep an up-to-date fire extinguisher in my house and an inflated spare tire in my car.
    And I am not obsessed with power, control, and violence.

Thanks for projecting every irrational idea on MILLIONS of safe and responsible gun owners.

How about her obsession?
    These people talk about our fear, but all I hear is about THEIR fear.

Top Bottom