• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The whole tax system is a corrupt plan that allows the government and the powerful to prosper by being irresponsible and holding the productive and responsible for the wrong doers criminality. A straight flat rate tax for every man and woman with no variance for any reason is a way out of the ability to corrupt.

An interesting alternative would be nothing but a use tax. You only pay tax on what is purchased new. That would be a straight percentage, but still tax the wealthy consumers, who buy the newest and best at every opportunity. The more humble citizens would save a ton of money by maintaining the property they already have and being able to buy something used tax free. That plan will also have an environmental gain, because nothing will be junked until it is completely used up.

I have no doubt that our legislature could corrupt either a flat rate or use tax system into an abomination even faster then they screwed up the system we have now.
    Thats where the FairTax bill comes into play. On top of that, it also gives out a prebate to everyone that would cover the tax on purchases up to the poverty line. So those living/spending at or below the poverty line would pay no taxes.

AND it would keep the prebate payout to only those here legally. Sneak in and living in the shadows getting paid under the table and paying cash for everything so you can hide? That hiding penalizes them by forcing them to pay the tax with no help.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    What public employees? Federal, State, Local? Exempt from just the taxes of the gvt. that employees them? All gvts.? What about people paid for by some state, some local and some fed? Prorata?

...And while I'm sure gvt. employees would love to be tax free, just try to cut their pay by the same amount of the tax liability and see what happens.

Finally, as noted above, there's no reason gvt. employees should be insulated from the pain the rest of us feel.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    What public employees? Federal, State, Local? Exempt from just the taxes of the gvt. that employees them? All gvts.? What about people paid for by some state, some local and some fed? Prorata?

...And while I'm sure gvt. employees would love to be tax free, just try to cut their pay by the same amount of the tax liability and see what happens.

Finally, as noted above, there's no reason gvt. employees should be insulated from the pain the rest of us feel.
    You should not be taxed by the government that gave you the money. What sense does it make to give someone 10 dollars and then turn right around and take 3 back?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You should not be taxed by the government that gave you the money. What sense does it make to give someone 10 dollars and then turn right around and take 3 back?
    Maybe because different people get different amounts back?
    :dunno:

When I was in the navy, I thought it was weird.

Top Bottom