• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roguelet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Montgomery County
    If anyone's looking for something to do on Tuesday morning, check this out. Evidently, this U.S. Marine Corps veteran just passed away at the age of 80; and since he and had no family, the nursing home where he died is trying to get the public to attend his funeral. Wouldn't it be great if the service ended up being 'standing room only'?

Public encouraged to attend burial for unclaimed veteran - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    I had Tuesday off for a State Park Reduction Hunt, think I'll go pay my respects to this Marine instead.
    Any other INGOers gonna attend?

I'd throw the first $20 in the hat if the INGO community wished to send flowers.

kramer5702

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 16, 2015
    Modoc
    My first day back to work from my vacation...I wish I could go there. If someone does (hopefully everyone available), a thread with photos and details on people attending should be made for those of us unable to attend. God bless him for his service.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    That is so sad. I with it weren't such a far trip for me at this time, I'd love go. I'd dearly love to see a serious INGO presence there for this man. If anyone can make it please do!

Thanks 451 for bringing this to our attention. :ingo:

Roguelet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Montgomery County
    There were a few comments earlier in this thread about pooling some money together to honor this man, either by sending flowers or by making a donation. I was just checking in to see if anyone had done this or was going to do this and, if so, how contributions could be made.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Home from the service, it was very inspiring to see the turnout for Corporal Billy Aldridge. The Patriot Guard was in attendance as well as hundreds of Vets and active duty soldiers. The church was contacted yesterday after the funeral home became concerned their facility would not be adequate for the number of people they thought would attend, I am happy to say the church was not large enough either. Every seat was filled and by the time the service started so were the aisles, and hallways and we were told about 1000 people were waiting to get in to pay their respects. Billy may have died without blood relatives in attendance but I think he would have been proud to see so many of his brothers in arms there to give him the honor all Vets deserve...Semper Fi Corporal Aldridge...

vet1_zpspllrtggz.jpg

vet2_zpsesaqtwoo.jpg

Top Bottom