• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Just got this in my emial inbox:

Indiana's treasured "Castle Doctrine" ("A man's home is his castle") which allows Hoosiers to defend their homes with lethal force, has been challenged. Richard Barnes, a citizen, attempted to block police making an unlawful entry into his home. Indiana's Supreme Court ruled that he did not have the right to block them. Seventy-one Indiana Senators have filed an amicus brief asking that the ruling be overturned. There is a public hearing Wednesday, August 24, at 1 PM in Room 431 of the Indiana State House. If you click on the "READ HERE" link below, there are also phone calls we can make. This is a fundamental right. Do we want to lose it?

Text below is supplied by the
    The Indianapolis Tea Party
    www.IndianapolisTeaParty.com

You can get to the text of the Senator's appeal by following the link "READ HERE" below,
    but here's the direct link: http://library.constantcontact.com/download/get/file/1103423276606-90/Amicus+Brief.pdf

Update on Castle Doctrine Ruling

Status of Barnes v. Indiana

We wrote an article several weeks back on the Indiana Supreme Court ruling which overturned the Common Law Provision known as the 'Castle Doctrine'. For those of you who missed the article, READ HERE

Call To Action

There has been a fundamental shift on the Indiana Supreme Court bench. This ruling is dangerous and effects each and every Hoosier. As it stands today, because of this ruling, HOOSIERS NO LONGER HAVE THE RIGHT TO RESIST UNLAWFUL POLICE ENTRY INTO THEIR HOMES!​

Even if the case is reheard and the Court would vacate its May 12 ruling with a new, more narrow ruling, 'We the People' must take a stand! Justices are only up for retention EVERY 10 YEARS (unless bad behavior)! Now is the time to take our Indiana Supreme Court back!​

1. Attend PUBLIC Committee Hearing on Wednesday, August 24, 1 PM. See details below.

There is a legislative committee that was assigned to review the recent case. The Committee is having a PUBLIC hearing on Wednesday, August 24, at 1 PM in Room 431 of the Indiana State House. Those attending can observe as well as give testimony. NOTE: If attending, you may want to call day before hearing to 1-317-232-9814 and speak to Senator Brent Steele's staff to confirm that hearingis still on and re-confirm the meeting location.​

Forwarded to you by:

Citizens for Common Sense, Inc.
    PO Box 226
    Granger, IN 46530
    Ph. (574) 272-7606
    www.CitizensforCommonSense.info

If you wish to remove your name from our mailing list,
    reply to this e-mail with Unsubscribe in the Subject line.

Last edited:

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Don't bother they'll just make it Worse. Goverment never fixes Goverment.
    Whether its legal or not, anyone coming through my door unwanted better be prepared for the Worst. I am. IN. Constitution Article 1 Section 32. I believe in both our Constitutions and hold no higher allegiance to anything except my wife, my kids, and The Lord God Himself.
    Legal or illegal you bust down my door and you better be prepared. Courts make me Sick. But funnier is that theyre Diseased.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Castle Doctrine?:dunno: In Barnes?

Indiana's treasured "Castle Doctrine" ("A man's home is his castle") which allows Hoosiers to defend their homes with lethal force, has been challenged.

What the devil are they talking about?:n00b:

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I know, people invoke "Castle Doctrine" as some sort of legal aegis. I have heard "Castle Doctrine" invoke in: the elimination of the duty to retreat (1865 in Indiana), no requirement for a LTCH in the home, driving home drunk and making it to your driveway before the police can stop you, some sort of free fire zone that exists around your house, and an excuse to dress up like a knight.

People don't know what they call it so they call it Castle Doctrine when it is not. Barnes is about the right to resist unlawful police action. Why people go about proclaiming "Castle Doctrine" I am not sure.

Maybe it's like how people in the gun culture refer to machine guns as "Class III"?:dunno:

It's not right, but it sounds good, all legally and stuff.:D

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Some genealogy website traced my family back to King Arthur, does that count?
    Although formally, titles of nobility are forbidden by The Constitution, informally ...

Hear ye, hear ye! Is it possible that someone here outranks the Earl of Devonshire, the Marquis de Lafayette? :):

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    I can trace mine all the way back to Alpin, first king of Scotland.
    :): I knew there was somethin' 'bout that Baron of Brownsburg. Well now, considerin' all these fiefdoms, and some other claims I've seen bandied about here, looks like travellin' upstate just might be hazardous to my health. Have to figure out a way to parlay for some kinda truce. :):

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Castle Doctrine?:dunno: In Barnes?

What the devil are they talking about?:n00b:

My thoughts exactly. IMHO, barns are hardly castles at all. If anything, it's the livestock that can invoke the castle doctrine (barns being close enough of a facsimile of a castle for animals). :D But just today I realized how many quaint, fearful country folks we've got on this forum. Apparently the tall buildings of downtown Chicago and, in general, the ways of them city folks, make them flee in fear. So maybe I shouldn't presume to know how important barns are to them.

DB

Top Bottom