• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Big fail on bigtanker. You didn't just crack your windows and start yelling out repeatedly "am I being detained, am I free to go"?"
    We could have had some quality entertainment if you had done this right.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    C'mon, it's a village so friendly that the police cars are striped in the school colors. Hunting boots? Sure. Curb stomping boots? Not so much. Besides, you'll have to find a curb first and there ain't too many of those in the 'Burg.

And I bet the deputy is only allowed one bullet and he has to carry it in his shirt pocket? :D

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Big fail on bigtanker. You didn't just crack your windows and start yelling out repeatedly "am I being detained, am I free to go"?"
    We could have had some quality entertainment if you had done this right.

Where is the corpus delecti?
    I'm traveling, not driving.
    Where is the injured party?
    I'm exercising my Fifth Amendment rights.
    I do not agree to that contract.
    I do not wish to make joinder with you.
    *glass breaking*
    I do not consent! I do not consent!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Where is the corpus delecti?
    I'm traveling, not driving.
    Where is the injured party?
    I'm exercising my Fifth Amendment rights.
    I do not agree to that contract.
    I do not wish to make joinder with you.
    *glass breaking*
    I do not consent! I do not consent!

Your political ideals intrigue me.

I am interested in putting you on the air to sell vitamins with moronic, insane political ideals that will be quoted on INGO as gospel.

Cool Breeze

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2013
    Fort Fun
    I got pulled over in Grand Rapids about two years ago. Saw construction up ahead where I wanted to turn left and quick turned left on a side street (to then turn right and then left again to bypass). Anyway, side street was like 25mph residential and I was neighborhood of 42. An officer was sitting in the 3rd driveway and quickly pulled me over. He came to my passenger window and asked for DL/Ins. I sort of interrupted him and said hey, I'm supposed to tell you I have a firearm. He asked where, and it was in the glovebox (on top of my insurance card) He had me pull out the guns- mine and my wifes- and set them on the floorboard then hand him the info. He came back and said to slow down. We had a great conversation about the laws between the states and whatnot. I asked him if his database includes my LTCH. He said it does not. I'm not sure if he would know if a MI resident would have a carry license. Turned out to be a fantastic interaction.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    I crossed the tracks @ Harris St (4 crossings north of your pic) recently and spied a large chunk of automobile laying next to the tracks well off the roadway. Guess as deterrent, they now leave remnants of past fatalities as reminder?

tthomas1809

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   1
    Mar 22, 2012
    South bend
    I got pulled over in Grand Rapids about two years ago. Saw construction up ahead where I wanted to turn left and quick turned left on a side street (to then turn right and then left again to bypass). Anyway, side street was like 25mph residential and I was neighborhood of 42. An officer was sitting in the 3rd driveway and quickly pulled me over. He came to my passenger window and asked for DL/Ins. I sort of interrupted him and said hey, I'm supposed to tell you I have a firearm. He asked where, and it was in the glovebox (on top of my insurance card) He had me pull out the guns- mine and my wifes- and set them on the floorboard then hand him the info. He came back and said to slow down. We had a great conversation about the laws between the states and whatnot. I asked him if his database includes my LTCH. He said it does not. I'm not sure if he would know if a MI resident would have a carry license. Turned out to be a fantastic interaction.

I lived in Edwardsburg for 7.5 years, had my cpl and been pulled over a few times anyhow. I did have a state trooper tell me he saw I had a cpl, that time I did not have a gun with me. In Michigan, you have to go through an NRA training course to get a cpl. During the class, the officer teaching it, went over handling getting pulled over. We were told to always let them know, I have a cpl and I am or am not carrying. When I have been pulled over while carrying I have heard, cool just leave it where it is and we will be fine or just no problem. In all of the times I have been pulled over, with or without a gun, I have never been beat or shot by a cop. If people would learn not to be *******s, life would go smoother. Honestly, it should be a law that if you pull out your cell phone as soon as you are pulled over and start recording, you should get your ass kicked. #stopraisinglil*******s

Cool Breeze

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2013
    Fort Fun
    I lived in Edwardsburg for 7.5 years, had my cpl and been pulled over a few times anyhow. I did have a state trooper tell me he saw I had a cpl, that time I did not have a gun with me. In Michigan, you have to go through an NRA training course to get a cpl. During the class, the officer teaching it, went over handling getting pulled over. We were told to always let them know, I have a cpl and I am or am not carrying. When I have been pulled over while carrying I have heard, cool just leave it where it is and we will be fine or just no problem. In all of the times I have been pulled over, with or without a gun, I have never been beat or shot by a cop. If people would learn not to be *******s, life would go smoother. Honestly, it should be a law that if you pull out your cell phone as soon as you are pulled over and start recording, you should get your ass kicked. #stopraisinglil*******s

I'm sure the MI police can see an MI Cpl, what my officer said was that he could not see my LTCH on his computer. It was interesting because I would have thought our LTCH would be somewhere entered into a federal database that all states could see.

You're definitely right about being civil during a stop. Seems pretty easy to me for everyone to remain safe.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm sure the MI police can see an MI Cpl, what my officer said was that he could not see my LTCH on his computer. It was interesting because I would have thought our LTCH would be somewhere entered into a federal database that all states could see.

You're definitely right about being civil during a stop. Seems pretty easy to me for everyone to remain safe.

There's no reason to have that now. There's no requirement for it, and really no call for it other than people who want national reciprocity. Likely a national reciprocity among states for carry licenses would involve a national (not necessarily federal) database of license holders.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So I did it according to Michigan law today and didn't get pulled over.

The old grain elevator is to your right with the school-colors water tower behind. The family-owned grocery store I worked at as a teen was just south of that intersection where the new Dollar General is. I miss Raab's. Great little store, good people ran it. You had to go past our "town triangle" to get there. We used to joke that Edwardsburg was too small for a town square, so we had a town triangle. It's where the library is.

There was no Taco Bell or McDonalds when I left the area. There were, however, 2 grocery stores. Now there are none.

Top Bottom