• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Who does that, other than on TV crime shows? Ask a cop to dust for fingerprints when your house is broken into and see what the reaction is (besides uproarious laughter). Matching ballistics? Please...

I dunno, I've had them dust without request because they were investigating a string of crimes. (nothing ever came of it that I know of)

On a related note, somebody doesnt learn from his mistakes.

Headed north on 69 and saw a guy on a brand new (to him at least, paper plates) 1100cc crotch rocket pulled over getting a ticket just north of the 37 exit in Fishers.

I was keeping up with traffic, so obviously I was not following the posted limit. I hit all the green lights until I got to the turn off to go to Cabelas. As I am sitting at the red light, I look over and see that same guy, sitting at the far end of the line waiting for the red light too.

So he gets a ticket, and immediately goes WELL over the speed limit again to manage to catch up to me with a significant head start. Damn, son. How do you ride that thing with balls that big?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You and I are in agreement here, I apologize if that wasn't clear from my wordy post.

That is why I said it was good their search did not find evidence of a crime.

I'm clear, I was just further clarifying.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    :)

Generally, unless it is a very specialized area of law (which this doesn't appear to be), the first consultation is free or low-cost. That's how I run, mostly.

Especially for something like this, where - unless there are some additional significant facts - the officers appear to have been reasonable.

This would be something for a plaintiff's lawyer, in the civil rights area, that would likely be on contingency. If someone could find an attorney to take it.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    The two things I’m wondering about are that they searched my car without my permission and I assume no warrant. But they where under the assumption that I had just shot at somebody. So is that legal? And the second is that they took pictures of my guns. Is that legal?

The search? Not so OK to me. But if you found it OK, then thats the end of it.

I had to go back to the original thread to clarify. I did read it, but I got side tracked and thought he was ok with the search. Now I see the civil rights issues.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    As T lex stated it would most likely be a contingency matter. You would have to search long and hard for a lawyer that would take it on and it most likely would not be worth the time or trouble.

So, another injustice goes unchallenged. It is just a little one.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    If it's bought to the attention of their bosses, you would probably be surprised that it will be addressed in a positive way. If only the OP would tell them. Training doesn't stop, it's fluid.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Yeah so as lonehoosier posted they arrested the shooter. But it says they let him out already so that's kinda weird. At the bottom of the article it list all the departments involved and I can say that I had three of those departments with me pulled over lol. Any ideas why they would release him so quick? Maybe justified shooting / self defense? Wasted over a hour of my life they can at least waste a couple of days of his lol.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Yeah so as lonehoosier posted they arrested the shooter. But it says they let him out already so that's kinda weird. At the bottom of the article it list all the departments involved and I can say that I had three of those departments with me pulled over lol. Any ideas why they would release him so quick? Maybe justified shooting / self defense? Wasted over a hour of my life they can at least waste a couple of days of his lol.

Wrong guy?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Did they smell the barrel? That would at least prove it hadn't been shot recently. (unless it was range day)
    Strange that they're going to the trouble of taking pictures of the guns. And for what? And this proves??

If they are convinced enough that he didn't do anything to let him go, then why the pictures.

What, they pull over and search and take pictures of 10-15 people in the area then they find out what caliber was originally fired (if they find the bullet) then go back out and grab whichever earlier contact had with that caliber gun? I mean, come on... Really? From a collection of people they already let go?

I shoot my guns about every other day. I only clean at a certain round count. I normally reload test rounds, go back reload some more then test again and so on. (Except my ccw its cleaned, and oiled once every few weeks or right after practice) Yes I'm retired lol.
    Doing this would there be a freshly shot smell to my firearms all the time?

Last edited:

2Lucky

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2018
    Notre Dame
    I read a case where a driver was stopped for speeding. The cop searched the cars trunk without warrant. He found drugs in the trunk. When it ended up in court the judge threw it out for invalid search. The judge ask the cop what evidence of speeding he expected to find in the trunk! LOL

Top Bottom