• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    I almost bought some stuff from them a while back. I decided against it. Then a few days later I decided to go ahead. I fired up the PC, and low and behold, their website was down for almost 2 days. I took this as a sign and did not order.
    I guess my point is that they may be experiencing some 'puter problems. Situations like that demand communication, and it sounds like they aren't doing that right either. Hope you guys get your product and it's worth the wait.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I got my 2k 9mm bullets from American Reloading yesterday. They came packed inside the fed-ex box in 2 brown boxes covered in a little bit of gunpowder labeled 1k 115gr 9mm. I opened one box yesterday to check them out and found them quite dirty. Also right off the bat I seen a few that appeared unusable and a FMJ.

After counting them out this morning here is my mileage:
    950 115gr plated 9mm: The variance on bullet weight ranged from 114.3-116.1 with majority falling 114.8-115.3
    4 115gr FMJ 9mm
    53 124gr plated 9mm The variances on bullet weight were 123.5 to 124.6 with majority falling 123.9-124.2
    1 118gr plated 9mm
    32 unusable: I'm sure there are a few I could still use as the plating that was scraped didn't look like it may cause an issue while seating.
    Total box #1: 1040

I thew in 20 extra on my plated as I know I missed counted while trying to mark them down 10 at a time. The issues with the junk were plating that was scraped and what look like some one used pliers on some of the noses deforming them. None of the lead was exposed on the scraped ones as well as the ones I deemed usable.

I opened the 2nd box to get an idea of what I will be looking at and I see majority have a heavy crimp on them but appear to be from the same lot and in better shape.

Would I buy again?
    If I was not in a hurry and based off the first box only I would. For as cheap as these are and for my use in plinking they will suffice. The price to build up a large round count and them having them in stock more often is a plus too.

For my S&W 3906 with Bushnell Trs25 I plan on dialing in I will continue to buy and use xtreme when there are deals in addition to the cheapies. I plan on trying 500 of the RMR after seeing how well their shipping, and 223 looked upon arrival as well as finding the 5% off code.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    179   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    I got my 2k 9mm bullets from American Reloading yesterday. They came packed inside the fed-ex box in 2 brown boxes covered in a little bit of gunpowder labeled 1k 115gr 9mm. I opened one box yesterday to check them out and found them quite dirty. Also right off the bat I seen a few that appeared unusable and a FMJ.

After counting them out this morning here is my mileage:
    950 115gr plated 9mm: The variance on bullet weight ranged from 114.3-116.1 with majority falling 114.8-115.3
    4 115gr FMJ 9mm
    53 124gr plated 9mm The variances on bullet weight were 123.5 to 124.6 with majority falling 123.9-124.2
    1 118gr plated 9mm
    32 unusable: I'm sure there are a few I could still use as the plating that was scraped didn't look like it may cause an issue while seating.
    Total box #1: 1040

I thew in 20 extra on my plated as I know I missed counted while trying to mark them down 10 at a time. The issues with the junk were plating that was scraped and what look like some one used pliers on some of the noses deforming them. None of the lead was exposed on the scraped ones as well as the ones I deemed usable.

I opened the 2nd box to get an idea of what I will be looking at and I see majority have a heavy crimp on them but appear to be from the same lot and in better shape.

Would I buy again?
    If I was not in a hurry and based off the first box only I would. For as cheap as these are and for my use in plinking they will suffice. The price to build up a large round count and them having them in stock more often is a plus too.

For my S&W 3906 with Bushnell Trs25 I plan on dialing in I will continue to buy and use xtreme when there are deals in addition to the cheapies. I plan on trying 500 of the RMR after seeing how well their shipping, and 223 looked upon arrival as well as finding the 5% off code.

got mine yesterday (1k mixed .223, 1k plated .45acp, 1k plated 115gr 9mm)
    , haven't had a chance to open & inspect yet.

Mind sharing the code?

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Sorted the second box a few minutes ago.
    Results:
    1014 115gr 9mm Plated
    15 124gr 9mm Plated
    20 unusable
    Total: 1049

The bullet weights were again in line with what I got from the first box. So after getting 1964 115gr 9mm out of 2k and 68 124gr 9mm as a bonus I would say it was worth the wait. Again I would only use these for plinking and SHTF if your into that. As long as your not in a hurry the price with shipping can't be beat despite the lackluster customer service and shipping speed.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    On my 38's got a shipping notice after I counted my 2nd box last Friday so they do ship your product just slow. I expect another week till it arrives.

wabashman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    American Reloading also switched from FeEx to USPS. At least for my last 2 orders. Called & emailed them as the labels were originally made 12 days ago and the response I got was FedEx pretty much said they are SOL and to find a different carrier to use. About 5 minutes later I received the USPS tracking numbers. But alas, they just show up as 'Pre-shipment info sent to USPS'.

Once they actually show some activity, I'll update my post.

Chumley

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2014
    Clayton
    I'm still waiting for my order to ship. I got notice of shipping 10 days ago but the tracking number says it's not been shipped.
    Emailed them this morning and hopefully hear something back.

wabashman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    Likewise. My 'new' USPS #'s still show no acceptance scan, or at local sort facility.

Having slow shipping is one thing if it's to be expected, but do not say ships in 7-10 days, if it's going to ship in a month+. Unless these are outstanding bullets, I'll probably never order from them again.

Chumley

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2014
    Clayton
    Update: they replied back that I have the correct shipping tracking numbers and they should ship out by the end of the week. I'm not holding my breath. I expected to not get them right away web site says 1-2 weeks. Not a month.

wabashman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    Here's what they told me:

" Your packages will be departing our warehouse today. I will personally make sure they all are packed and out the door to you by the end of the day. We apologize for this delay and for any inconvenience it may have caused you."

Like you, i'll believe it when I see an update on the tracking #'s. Being that I work for a company that ships 100's of items a day, I fail to see just how hard it is to ship items out in a timely manner. Especially once the label is made. You slap it down on the box, said carrier picks up boxes same day and they are on the way to the customer.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I guess you both must not of read my review of the bullets and my reason of why I would buy again. My only guess as to the slowness would be the prices are dirt cheap and many are looking to stock up or churn out rounds when they can. These are pulled bullets and they may have to wait till enough comes in to fulfill an order which is probably why they do not have the 115gr bullets online right now.

wabashman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    Marine,

i read your posts, but I do not base my 'I will buy again' off of others personal experiences. They are based upon the experience I have had with said companies. Had I based my shopping off of others experiences, I would never buy from PSA, LOL.

I do believe the product will be fine once it gets here (all three boxes show movement now), I just do not like being told my items will ship on X date via a personal email and 2 weeks later they have not moved at all. I fully understand they are busy, possibly fulfilling orders as they pull the bullets, etc.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    179   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    I went through my .223 order, there were at least 12 different weights/styles & appeared to be a few different manufacturers as there were slight variances in some of the same style & weight.

I won't be ordering any more if I have to sort them myself, possibly pay the kids to sort for me.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Update on my American Reloading order:
    Ordered on 2/25, called on Friday 3/25, one month to the day after I ordered. No one answered so I left a voicemail stating that I wanted to check on the status of an order that I had placed a month ago. Left name, phone number, and order number and asked that they call me back and let me know the status of my order. I still haven't received a call back, but I just checked my FedEx tracking # that was emailed on 3/17 and it shows that my order started moving on Tuesday 3/29. That is poor customer service all around. No communication and takes over a month after they charge your card before they ship. No warning about delayed shipping on their website, when I placed my order, or on my order receipt.

Chumley

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2014
    Clayton
    I received the ammo yesterday and this morning after work opened it up. I ordered 4000 115 grain 9mm. The two boxes were heavy and double boxed, each 1000 in a box in the larger box. Projectiles look great, looked at them as I moved them to an ammo can, and didn't notice any with damage that can't be reloaded. All seem to be the same weight, will weigh some up randomly.
    overall good product just poor customer service, and if it takes a month to ship say so on your website.

vwfred69

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    noblesville
    I ordered 2000 new 62gr on to 2/10 from the Valentines 50% off sale. got the shipping invoice on 2/23 and receive them on 3/8. I received dirty pulls with media in the tails and have found non cannelure and tracers mixed in. They aren't responding to emails.

Top Bottom