• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chet wisner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Evansville
    Got delayed on my application tonight. Went to Rajo's to purchase, and got everything filled out, but whoever it is that approves these things delayed me. Salesman said it could take as long as until Jan 7. :dunno:

-Chet

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I would guess their computers are down for the "holiday". It is too bad you will have to wait until next week to pick up your "?" but it could have been worse.

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    That happened to me the other day at Gander Mountme. "computers were down" It actually worked out better for me though, as it was an impulse purchase anyway. I ended up getting a better deal on a better pistol a few days later at a much better shop.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    This happened to my brother in law a few months back, yeah, it's a bummer havin to wait another week, I'm pretty sure it was a holiday weekend when he had the problem. Don't worry, it'll work out fine. Congratulations on your purchase.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    And yeah, no worries on the delay. I got delayed for the first time recently after 20 years of owning guns. It was the day before a holiday weekend also. Happens.

PatMcGroyne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Honey Creek
    Things could be worse -- and MAY get worse!!

The line on the 4473 asks, "...ADJUDICATED..COMMITTED...being of less than sound mind", etc. The IL State Police are NOT adjudicators, they are executors, and then that ONLY of LAW, not a politician's opinion. But it gets worse. Your expressed opinions can get you forcibly disarmed. (In my case, it would likely be "violently" disarmed.) NO-ONE crosses my thresh-holds without a warrant, unless it is them falling forward into my porch after they have been shot. Pat

chet wisner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Evansville
    I saw that piece when it came in. Stainless with a concealed hammer, right? It looked solid to me, a little dirty when it was traded, but nice. Good first gun and I am glad you bought local.

Snorko, are you from evansville? You seen it at Rajo's?

The one I got was hammerless (not concealed hammer). I think in the other thread, someone posted a pic of it.

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    The line on the 4473 asks, "...ADJUDICATED..COMMITTED...being of less than sound mind", etc. The IL State Police are NOT adjudicators, they are executors, and then that ONLY of LAW, not a politician's opinion. But it gets worse. Your expressed opinions can get you forcibly disarmed. (In my case, it would likely be "violently" disarmed.) NO-ONE crosses my thresh-holds without a warrant, unless it is them falling forward into my porch after they have been shot. Pat

...IL State Police...
    confused-smiley-013.gif

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Happened to me a few months ago. It really did surprize me since I have never even been stopped in my life and I'm as sweaky clean as you can probably be. I attributed it to not having purchased a handgun for over 20 yrs. Hasn't happened since. They said it could take up to 7 days but got the call to come get the pistol the very next morning.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    My NiCS got delayed on the 23 and I had to wait the three business days to get my gun. It was a very long wait because of the holidays not countng and weekend.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Same deal 2? years ago. I had to wait for 3 business days + Jan 1st Holiday + Sat. and Sunday + Pres . Ford Passed away , making that Tues a Federal Holiday. It hasn't happened since. Sucks having to wait, it will work out.

chet wisner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Evansville
    Thanks for the comments, guys. I think it was the holidays that caused the delay. I'm sure there's nothing on my resume that would cause a denial, but who knows; I ain't been no angel.

Appreciate the words of encouragement

-Chet

Top Bottom