• usmcdjb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    120   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Wabash County
    Eligibility Requirements

Best way is to read here.

If you are/were military, you meet the marksmanship requirement.

If you are a VFW member, or FOP, or any number of other organizations, you meet the club requirement.

Then it's just copies of the above proof, birth certificate, paperwork, money and NCIS check. And voila, you can get a Garand. I think from the website though the M1 Carbines are out of stock and not expected to receive any more.

hiram762

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    New Castle
    You have to belong to a club of sorts that is recognized by CMP. But, when you purchase the fire arm, they send it directly to you. This is what i am told any way.

Dakota

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Hagerstown
    I joined the Garand Collectors association. Great way to learn more about the M1, plus they have a nice quarterly magazine.

I can't find any info on the CMP website about the Garand Collectors Association being a club that qualifies for the CMP program. Maybe I'm not searching for it correctly. Can you enlighten me on finding that info?
    TIA, Steve

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    If you attend an Appleseed, you can get the info on joining the RWVA, and be eligibile to get a rifle thru the CMP. As a bonus, the instructors can give you some pointers on how to become a better shooter, and you will learn about our heritage.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    If you attend an Appleseed, you can get the info on joining the RWVA, and be eligibile to get a rifle thru the CMP. As a bonus, the instructors can give you some pointers on how to become a better shooter, and you will learn about our heritage.

Ya, but who really cares about that?:stickpoke:

I am only joking as I plan on going to my first appleseed this year and may take one of the girls as well.

Top Bottom