• ...and so much more!
  • CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I am just curious what you guys think.

I was in the gun shop buying a handgun and my wife seen a Pink AR, the breast awareness rifle, and she is set on having it. I thought it was a .22 and found out it was a 223, but anyhow. She is serious about wanting this but I am having a hard time paying $1000 for a PINK gun.

Here is my dilemma. I know she wont shoot this thing that much and eventually will be tired of it, which isnt entirely a bad thing because then I will have an AR for myself, but it will be pink. If she would just take a normal color I would have a gun I could shoot or something that I could at least resale.

You guys think I would have a problem selling or trading a Pink AR if she gets tired of it? Any thoughts, advice.....I am sure some of you have been in this spot, lol.

You know the saying though....if momma not happy, nobody happy, happy, happy.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    What brand?

Buy it if she will appreciate it. If years from now you want you can change the look.

There is always Cerakote and dyeing the furniture or replacing the furniture.

sparks408

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    pink AR

i'd buy an plain AR and put pink stock and fore arm on it so when she does get tired of it u can chance the stock out and no harm done. Then keep it for yourself. I bought a doublestar stock and pistol grip and ergo quad rail covers all hot pink so when she gets tired of it i can change it back to original . but once u buy a coated pink gun you'll spend a mint in blasting it then recoating it black or diff color

Rollerman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Goshen
    I think I'd look into a S&W 15/22 & swap out the plastic with pink Magpul furniture.
    It would give her the "look", be a lot more affordable to shoot, & be more enjoyable for her if she's not used to the 223/5.56 bark/recoil.

Having a mother & sister that are both BC survivors....I think the DPMS is pretty cool. :yesway::yesway:

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    you would be better off doing something like this

P1150938.jpg

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    MV. Vlad and Sparks....I like your thinking and so does she. MV...that rifle looks pretty sweet and could be changed to black pretty easily. I like that.

How bad does a 223 kick? My wife is only about 5' & 100 pounds.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    MV. Vlad and Sparks....I like your thinking and so does she. MV...that rifle looks pretty sweet and could be changed to black pretty easily. I like that.

How bad does a 223 kick? My wife is only about 5' & 100 pounds.

.223 doesn't recoil much at all. If you do end up buying it and she doesn't like it because of recoil, you could always get a .22lr conversion kit for her to use instead. I've found women love shooting .22's because there is no recoil at all. I mean, if you're already investing $1,000 into it, what's another $180 to let her enjoy it more? :dunno:

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    The recoil on 223 in an AR is slight. Even for her size, she'd be fine. More people probably object to the bark more than the bite. As mentioned above, you could always put a 22 converter on the AR to get used to shooting it and then move to the 223/5.56 once she's comfortable. Just one of many suggestions you may get. It will make your cash stack shorter.
    I'd be willing to lend you a converter for actual cost of shipping if you'd want to try one out for a range trip. How's that for a deal?

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    The recoil on 223 in an AR is slight. Even for her size, she'd be fine. More people probably object to the bark more than the bite. As mentioned above, you could always put a 22 converter on the AR to get used to shooting it and then move to the 223/5.56 once she's comfortable. Just one of many suggestions you may get. It will make your cash stack shorter.
    I'd be willing to lend you a converter for actual cost of shipping if you'd want to try one out for a range trip. How's that for a deal?

Vlad......Geeze man, just saw this post. I sure thank you for the offer but I took her out yesterday and she shot the big girl gun :rockwoot: I never laughed so hard in my life.....think I may buy a complete 22 upper, like the Chiappa. Have you used them?

Thanks everyone for advice.

Thanks again Vlad.
    Randy

Top Bottom