• ...and so much more!
  • MuayThaiGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    Hendricks County
    Way to go guys!

Many members of the club have started with little to no shooting experience before coming to Purdue.
    The Purdue Rifle and Pistol Club is where I first handled a gun and learned how to shoot. It's funny how I stopped having money after joining that club:D

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    That is great news!! :rockwoot:

I was a member of the Rifle/Pistol Club while at Purdue. Even served as a club officer, Range Officer & Instructor for a few of those years. That was when we had a range in the basement of the Co-Rec. Club had a lot of members but it was still dark times. Little faculty support and an anti-gun administrator at the Co-Rec. We did go to some competitions but only local stuff and nothing to formal. That range got shut down do to "lead contamination" in the building. I was President of the club at the time and it made having club activities without a range difficult.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    For those INGO members that wish to donate to the Purdue Rifle Team

Please be aware that pursuant to Darren Cooper, advisor to the team:

Anyway, there are two ways to make a cash gift. One, you can make a gift to Purdue and designate that gift to the Purdue Rifle & Pistol Club. The funds will be deposited into our account and we can spend them at any time for any purpose related to the club's mission. You can find instructions here: https://donate.purdue.edu/Menu.aspx.

Two, you can make a gift to our MidwayUSA Foundation Scholastic Shooting Trust (SST) account. The SST supports high school and college shooting programs. Funds donated to an SST account are invested in an endowment. Each team or club can draw 5% of their account's value each year and spend it on anything other than firearms. Gifts made to our SST account benefit the club in perpetuity.

Right now, gifts made to our SST account through the end of June will be matched 1:1 by the Indiana Youth Shooting Sports Foundation and 3:1 by MidwayUSA founders Larry and Brenda Potterfield. This can increases the impact of your gift considerably. If you would like to pursue this route, please contact me directly and I can give more details.

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    I was a member of the Pistol/Rifle club too. That would have been around 1999-2001. I was secretary at one point. Heck, I can't remember names anymore...but it was a good experience. We practiced in the ROTC Armory building, and took trips to the Jasper-Pulaski range.

My best memory is when someone's dad brought a Thompson machine gun to the range up there and a whole bag of ammo. Everyone should get to do that. You should have seen the look on the faces of the other people on the range when we opened up with that thing hehehe!

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    Just ranked? Please.....
    thumb.aspx

Interesting tidbit, Rifle is a co-ed sport. TCU has won 2 National Championships in the last 3 years, fielding an all female team.

PUalum04

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Hope
    BOILER UP!!

If you think the Purdue Rifle/Pistol club is good, you should see the Trap/Skeet teams resume!

template:PURDUE TRAP AND SKEET

One of my BCM Professors was the coach of the team. I used to go shoot at the trap/skeet range every once in a while. I thought I was good till I watched the team practice.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    TCU has won 2 National Championships in the last 3 years, fielding an all female team.

Yes, INGO already knows this:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...201773-congrats_to_tcu_ncaa_rifle_champs.html

The Indiana State Rifle and Pistol Association salutes TCU especially since one of our own is on the TCU team.:)

Ms. Beard is on the Pan Am Team. We are proud of Indiana's own!

TCU rifle's Sarah Beard becomes only collegiate athlete on Pan-American Team | TCU 360 - with news and sports from the TCU Daily Skiff, TCU News Now and Image magazine

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    Yes, INGO already knows this:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...201773-congrats_to_tcu_ncaa_rifle_champs.html

The Indiana State Rifle and Pistol Association salutes TCU especially since one of our own is on the TCU team.:)

Ms. Beard is on the Pan Am Team. We are proud of Indiana's own!

TCU rifle's Sarah Beard becomes only collegiate athlete on Pan-American Team | TCU 360 - with news and sports from the TCU Daily Skiff, TCU News Now and Image magazine

I thought everytime we brought up a school in Texas, you got free ammo? Just tryin' to help you out brother.
    :cheers:

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    BOILER UP!!

If you think the Purdue Rifle/Pistol club is good, you should see the Trap/Skeet teams resume!

template:PURDUE TRAP AND SKEET

One of my BCM Professors was the coach of the team. I used to go shoot at the trap/skeet range every once in a while. I thought I was good till I watched the team practice.

I went and shot quite a bit in 2000 and 2001 at the range with them. Good group of guys and gals. I wanted to be more involved, but my el ed major took all my time.

Top Bottom