Purdue student trying to pay parking ticket arrested for Terroristic Mischief!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I think every Purdue student should make an anonymous 911 report of Person with a Gun every time they see a campus police officer.

Last edited:

indoorsoccerfrea

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Wait...so because police THOUGHT the box could have been a weapon of mass destruction he could be facing charges? What the heck?

Since when do people get charged for crimes that they are THOUGHT to have committed and then proven to not have? All that was in the box was the ticket, the payment, and the boot...

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    wait a minute! this weird looking little truck thing pulled up in my driveway today, and this lady in a blue uniform got out and left a suspicious box by my front door!!!!!!!!! OH NOES OMGWTFBBQ?!?!???!?! It MUST BE A BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    Good thing he didn't bring a pocket knife to school.

I gotta ask.... are there really people out there that think a Car-Boot looks like a weapon of mass destruction? Did his note look like a fuse?

Maybe they were just mad because this engineering student removed the boot by himself.:dunno:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Wait...so because police THOUGHT the box could have been a weapon of mass destruction he could be facing charges? What the heck?

Since when do people get charged for crimes that they are THOUGHT to have committed and then proven to not have? All that was in the box was the ticket, the payment, and the boot...

We have entered into an era of pre-emption of activities, as opposed to retroactive sanctioning of activities.

Just wait until they perfect mind-reading technology - and yes, it does exist, but is only crude enough to allow a keyboard to be operated with the brain so far, in cases of total paralysis...

Mind-reading technique developed in US - Telegraph

Mind-Reading Tech May Not Be Far Off | Popular Science

Scientists read minds with infrared scan

Thought-Crime is not far off, folks.

Will you be ready for that day when the last vestige of freedom is overtaken by the State?

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    The reporter and whoever gave him his legal information both deserve to be beaten with a copy of title 35 of the Indiana Code. Its not that you actions "might cause a reasonable person" to think it was a bomb; its that you must INTEND that a reasonable person think it is a bomb. Unless this kid confessed that that was what he was doing, I see absolutely no way to prove that was his intent, especially to that pesky "beyond a reasonable doubt" standard.

IC 35-47-12-3
    Terroristic mischief
    Sec. 3. A person who knowingly or intentionally places or disseminates a device or substance with the intent to cause a reasonable person to believe that the device or substance is a weapon of mass destruction (as defined in IC 35-41-1-29.4), commits terroristic mischief, a Class C felony. However, the offense is a Class B felony if, as a result of the terroristic mischief:
    (1) a physician prescribes diagnostic testing or medical treatment for any person other than the person who committed the terroristic mischief; or
    (2) a person suffers serious bodily injury.
    As added by P.L.123-2002, SEC.49.

gund

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    Normally you would go to the counter and pay your ticket. Not sure why he would leave everything in the building and leave. Somebody could have taken his $20 and screwed him.

And what's the deal with wheel locks. I would imagine he would have to get the parking services to remove them. Wonder how he removed them.

They'll never be able to prove intent.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Normally you would go to the counter and pay your ticket. Not sure why he would leave everything in the building and leave. Somebody could have taken his $20 and screwed him.

And what's the deal with wheel locks. I would imagine he would have to get the parking services to remove them. Wonder how he removed them.

They'll never be able to prove intent.

Exactly, how are they going to prove that he intended someone to think it was a biological, chemical, or nuclear weapon?

IC 35-41-1-29.4
    "Weapon of mass destruction" defined
    Sec. 29.4. "Weapon of mass destruction" means any chemical device, biological device or organism, or radiological device that is capable of being used for terrorism.
    As added by P.L.156-2001, SEC.10.

If it has a note on it or he confesses, I could see it. Otherwise, I doubt the prosecutor files it.

Joe

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    This is downright wacky. What ever happened to America, Land of the FREE :noway:

20090729_obama-for-illo-6_w.jpg

Yeti

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    New Haven
    They are engineers... he probably just laughed and found some way to take it off.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County

Welcome to the land of the free.

Since the USA PATRIOT act...well, actually before, but it has really picked up since then.

This is typical MO for most government agencies...cause them grief in any way, and they will slap you with whatever charge comes closest, or they will simply invent new crimes, especially the feds.

It is not the fault of Republicans or Democrats, but of government.

Top Bottom