• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    First thing I notice about this state as I drive through is there not a huge concern with removing road kill. :n00b:

Pure Michigan

BarryJaxon

Shooter
    Rating - 50%
    0   1   1
    Feb 23, 2011
    Road kill?hell,last I heard they were considering lettin some of their state roads go back to gravel?Pure BS.:noway:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    At least no Armadillos

You just haven't enjoyed good ole roadkill humor until you've seen a bloated armadillo rolled over on its back. If you lay a longneck bottle on their belly it looks just like they're laying there taking a good long drink on a cold one!

Don't ask me [STRIKE]how many times I've done this[/STRIKE] how many of these I've seen while driving the backroads of Texas and Oklahoma!:laugh:

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    You just haven't enjoyed good ole roadkill humor until you've seen a bloated armadillo rolled over on its back. If you lay a longneck bottle on their belly it looks just like they're laying there taking a good long drink on a cold one!

Don't ask me [STRIKE]how many times I've done this[/STRIKE] how many of these I've seen while driving the backroads of Texas and Oklahoma!:laugh:

But the folks in Indiana will not understand????

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    They don't want to waste their 2 weeks of not having snow on the ground by cleaning up road kill. They have had 50 weeks of being snowed in to think of what to do during "the summer weeks", and "cleaning up the place" didn't make the list.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    When I lived there it was a feat just to get the roads cleared. Lots of equipment, but just can't keep up.

Probably road kill is low on the list because everyone is on vacation. Wolves will clean it up free of charge.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Let the lions and jackles out of the detroit zoo.

They can take care of the problem and you don't have the cost of
    feeding them. Roadkill will be gone in no time.

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I just moved to Indian a few years ago. I talk normal and the further south I go the funnier you all talk.... LOL

I did have a lady ask if I was from Michigan just after I moved. I asked why, it was my accent.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Michigan is a beautiful state, but I'll never live there again.
    Never even want to go back. I lived in a small town. I got tired of fir/evergreen trees, lakes, and snow. Not to mention the ROADKILL!:D

And I didn't notice much difference in accent from Indy to the lower half of Michigan. But, out in the sticks and heading North may be a little different. Now KY is a whole nuther story.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Road kill?hell,last I heard they were considering lettin some of their state roads go back to gravel?Pure BS.:noway:

That would be awesome. Michigan is a beautiful state and I really enjoy going there. Of course, my back yard is almost in Michigan so it doesn't take long to get there. The upper half of the state and the UP has a lot to offer anyone that likes the outdoors.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Road kill stew:
    1) bout 6 o'clock (when the fire whistle goes off) pick you out a stretch of road. Make sure it's a fur piece too.
    2) take a can of spray paint and write "ND sucks" at the beginning of your piece of road, proceed along your piece of road painting a circle around every piece of roadkill. At the end of your piece write "OSU football, almost pee wee level"
    3) The next morning drive along your piece of road, picking up everything without a circle around it. If it's a deer call the police and tell them you just hit it, they'll give you a permit to keep it.
    4) Proceed as with other stews...

Top Bottom