• ...and so much more!
  • SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I am on my third Toro 22" recycler, I run them 7-8 years mowing 2-3 times weekly in a yard that has lots of bumps and tree roots exposed. I only like front wheel walk behind so I can push down on the handle and go around tight places. I am 76 yrs and walk for health and longivity, walking to mow is a forced exercise enjoy the benefits.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    2013 bought a Cub Cadet push mower and it starts on one pull most of the time sometimes up to three first mow of the year. Right now it starts and runs fine unless I shut it off and restart while it is still hot. Still starts first pull but only runs about half speed. Jim.

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    I love my Honda mowers (1 current & one passed). The plastic deck models.
    They are good except for the cheap plastic wheels. These wheels are plastic and loosen up around the bearings after a while.
    My yard is not a flat sub-division lawn. It's a little over 1/2 acre, pie shaped and a little hilly.
    The cheap Honda wheels just don't hold up over time. The fronts are pretty standard, some upgrading to metal may be an option. But the rear drive wheels have geared hubs. So I think I'm stuck with standard plastic replacement every time.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I love my Honda mowers (1 current & one passed). The plastic deck models.
    They are good except for the cheap plastic wheels. These wheels are plastic and loosen up around the bearings after a while.
    My yard is not a flat sub-division lawn. It's a little over 1/2 acre, pie shaped and a little hilly.
    The cheap Honda wheels just don't hold up over time. The fronts are pretty standard, some upgrading to metal may be an option. But the rear drive wheels have geared hubs. So I think I'm stuck with standard plastic replacement every time.
    Wheels are the issue with my Craftsman mower(s). I have to replace at least one wheel every season. Occasionally I can stretch it to the end of the season with some serious negative camber.

1651423081754.png

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Made the leap, bought the Toro 30 inch walk behind. Got the electric start for the recoil start price. Now to get to work on our "fitness" plan.
    The Timemaster 30"? I got one in 2020 up from my 21" for ~.44 acre. We have a large open back yard and the extra inches certainly reduced the cut time. My only argument with it has been the test tube they call a fuel tank. It's almost enough to do the whole yard unless the grass is tall, then it runs out about 90% done. As a result I stop and refill once I'm finished with the front and side yards.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    The Timemaster 30"? I got one in 2020 up from my 21" for ~.44 acre. We have a large open back yard and the extra inches certainly reduced the cut time. My only argument with it has been the test tube they call a fuel tank. It's almost enough to do the whole yard unless the grass is tall, then it runs out about 90% done. As a result I stop and refill once I'm finished with the front and side yards.
    That is what I would buy if I knew that my yard would always be sized similar to mine now(0.5 acre). We will move at some point to our home that will be our final, retirement home and I'm not sure how much grass I will be cutting.

I'm thinking I'd like a couple acres and if so, I'll be looking for 60-72" of mower deck width. :)

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    That is what I would buy if I knew that my yard would always be sized similar to mine now(0.5 acre). We will move at some point to our home that will be our final, retirement home and I'm not sure how much grass I will be cutting.

I'm thinking I'd like a couple acres and if so, I'll be looking for 60-72" of mower deck width. :)
    Our big mower is a 72" Ferris ZTR, I can knock out the whole 4 1/2 acres in about an hour and a half on a good day. We take delivery on the new one in a day or two and we'll see how it goes. I'm actually looking forward to it.:n00b:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Our big mower is a 72" Ferris ZTR, I can knock out the whole 4 1/2 acres in about an hour and a half on a good day. We take delivery on the new one in a day or two and we'll see how it goes. I'm actually looking forward to it.:n00b:
    See, this is what I'm trying to tell my wife. She says I don't want more yard cuz it takes me 45 minutes to cut it, but I figure with the right equipment I can mow quite a bit more in about the same time. In retirement, I wouldn't mind sitting on the mower for an an hour or more. Would get me out of the house,lol.

Top Bottom