• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I flew our nation's flag at our old house every day continuously since 9-11-01. (ok, maybe replaced it a few times with a Colts Flag during football season, but only on Sundays ;) )

When we built our new home I wanted to continue that, but realized pretty quickly that the mount I had to the house and smaller flag just wouldn't cut it. So, for Christmas this year, my father in law bought me a propper flag pole, as well as one for himself (served in USAF).

I dug the hole and pored the concrete last night, and gave it a test tonight to see how she looked. There wasn't much wind tonight, but Old Glory still looked beautiful against the evening sky. I got lucky with a nice sunset / moon rise tonight and had some good shots of them as well.

DSC08984.jpg

DSC08985-1.jpg

DSC08986.jpg

We don't have a light for it yet, so I took the flag down tonight, but will raise it again tomorrow morning, 6-14 for Flag Day. Anyone want to volunteer to come down to Seymour and play Reveille at dawn? :patriot:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I flew our nation's flag at our old house every day continuously since 9-11-01. (ok, maybe replaced it a few times with a Colts Flag during football season, but only on Sundays ;) )

When we built our new home I wanted to continue that, but realized pretty quickly that the mount I had to the house and smaller flag just wouldn't cut it. So, for Christmas this year, my father in law bought me a propper flag pole, as well as one for himself (served in USAF).

I dug the hole and pored the concrete last night, and gave it a test tonight to see how she looked. There wasn't much wind tonight, but Old Glory still looked beautiful against the evening sky. I got lucky with a nice sunset / moon rise tonight and had some good shots of them as well.

DSC08984.jpg

DSC08985-1.jpg

DSC08986.jpg

We don't have a light for it yet, so I took the flag down tonight, but will raise it again tomorrow morning, 6-14 for Flag Day. Anyone want to volunteer to come down to Seymour and play Reveille at dawn? :patriot:

If I could play it, I would!

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    BEAUTIFUL Picture, or should I say Great Photography :): Either way very nice JB.

Thanks! I was pleased how it turned out. I got lucky the moon was rising at just the right angle to capture that and the ambient light was still enough to provide a blue sky. I may just enter that picture in the Jackson Co. Fair this year for fun too.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TravGreen2703!!
    Top Bottom