• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    A buddy of mine is being cremated. He wants me to load up a few of his ashes in projectiles and "shoot him" at the range. I will do that. Np.

My brother in law visited a couple of weeks ago and we all went up to the farm....He saw the old Mason jar with a photo of his father as a boy and dressed like a cowboy in it and two 20 gauge shotgun shells...

"I like the little Memorial you put up for Papi but what are the shotgun shells in there for????"

"I...Uhm...Your sister thought it would be nice if we shot some ashes out over the property..."

"Really?"

"Yes...It's a Gringo thing....Out of respect..."

"Word..."

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    My brother in law visited a couple of weeks ago and we all went up to the farm....He saw the old Mason jar with a photo of his father as a boy and dressed like a cowboy in it and two 20 gauge shotgun shells...

"I like the little Memorial you put up for Papi but what are the shotgun shells in there for????"

"I...Uhm...Your sister thought it would be nice if we shot some ashes out over the property..."

"Really?"

"Word..."

If this is Indiana keep that on the DL. It's not legal to spread ashes in Indiana...

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    So....cops don't put their dead comrade on a pool table in an Irish bar and drink until they puke?

Hmmm....I thought The Wire was a documentary.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    If this is Indiana keep that on the DL. It's not legal to spread ashes in Indiana...

Yes, you can scatter ashes in Indiana. There are some restrictions, but generally legal. Private land with permission of owner, public uninhabited land/waterways. In the great tradition of governmental bureaucracy, there's a form you're supposed to file with the county after having done so. I would guess this is honored...seldom. Went through this in my family.

Article: https://troyergood.wordpress.com/2016/09/12/burial-and-cremation-laws-in-indiana/

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Yes, you can scatter ashes in Indiana. There are some restrictions, but generally legal. Private land with permission of owner, public uninhabited land/waterways. In the great tradition of governmental bureaucracy, there's a form you're supposed to file with the county after having done so. I would guess this is honored...seldom. Went through this in my family.

Article: https://troyergood.wordpress.com/2016/09/12/burial-and-cremation-laws-in-indiana/
    You're right, we had a thread about this a while back and I was confusing information in that thread. According to some religious beliefs you can't scatter the ashes; state law says it's ok if you follow the stipulations in the code.

That being said, with the permission of a land-owner, a human remains transportation permit, and proper recording at the court-house of where the remains were disposed of (ashes are remains) it's completely legal to blast them out of a shotgun/cannon/tannerite bomb/etc.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend

"Really?"

"Word..."

Hell yeah. The ultimate in respect!

Top Bottom