Not open for further replies.

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    Why not? Don't you carry in the winter?

My biggest concern would be about a bunch of "newbies" for lack of a better word, standing side by side trying to pull Quickly draw and fire weapons with coats and gloves on. My wife for one will not take part in a winter training for this reason.

Other than that it's fine by me, heck I spend alot of my day in -5* everyday anyways.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    My biggest concern would be about a bunch of "newbies" for lack of a better word, standing side by side trying to pull Quickly draw and fire weapons with coats and gloves on. My wife for one will not take part in a winter training for this reason.

Other than that it's fine by me, heck I spend alot of my day in -5* everyday anyways.

If the instructor is experienced in training for winter carry/concealment/shooting then it won't be a problem. I have no idea what H&K's credentials are but it IS cold in Michigan.... That said, once the "newbies" have learned and practiced the proper draw stroke from under winter garments or with gloves then the pace can be stepped-up. Trigger discipline and draw stroke are the building blocks to working your way up to this kind of thing.... :twocents:

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    If the instructor is experienced in training for winter carry/concealment/shooting then it won't be a problem. I have no idea what H&K's credentials are but it IS cold in Michigan.... That said, once the "newbies" have learned and practiced the proper draw stroke from under winter garments or with gloves then the pace can be stepped-up. Trigger discipline and draw stroke are the building blocks to working your way up to this kind of thing.... :twocents:

Agreed! But just remember, when H&K helps us out with training he gets a lot of new people like my wife that are not really even comfortable with drawing and shooting yet in the best circumstances let alone in tougher instances. But other than that I think winter training is a great idea, just not for beginners IMHO. But that does not mean a winter training event should not happen either, it just means that MY wife is not ready for that yet, that's all.

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    I just want to thank everyone for a great time. I enjoyed shooting with alot of you guys and gals.

Monkey what a great place to shoot you guys have there. You should come up with a catchy name for the location though something to do with the grave yard or some such. ;)

Thanks a bunch for the Cookies with Walnuts! we'll start a discount card for you, heck we'll trade a batch o cookies like that for... umm... a transfer!? :D has to have walnuts though or I have to fight MrsG for them.

I'm enjoyed letting some guys shoot some of my toys as well. From the cleaning I could easily tell which ones got the most attention.

I am looking forward to the next shoot, cold, warm or wet doesn't really matter to me as much just as long as cold and wet don't come together for a particular shoot!

HandK49031 Thank you for giving our girl a slot in the class she enjoyed it immensely, and it was fun for me to talk to her about it on the way home and hear the excitement, well till she passed out that is!

Liam and I got to spend alot of time on the line working on his shooting and just chumming that was my high light of the entire day.

Its always fun for me to get our shotguns into others hands and let them run them as well. A lot of guys played with the Benelli and our Custom 870's always fun for me to talk about them.

I enjoyed meeting a lot of different folks I had not met yet and making some new acquaintances.

If that steel was at 400 yds then I am just tickled pink since I was knocking the snot out of it with the ACR and the Aimpoint Micro, If it was 300 I'm still pretty thrilled about that.

WAG thank you sir for getting my rifle sighted for me. After took the muzzle blast from a Micro Tech and an M44 my concentration and patience needed some repair time. I will get some groups from her in the next week or so and get them posted up in a braggarts thread Ill create in the LG forum. :cool:

One suggestion though. I think we need to have a range courtesy and safety brief thread prior to the next shoot though.

I think the last thing we need is a couple of Range Nazis running around but a couple of appointed or volunteer RO's might be a good idea,

I seen a lot of good weapons handling out there and felt the day went extremely well with only a handful of exceptions.

Shooting across the line should be discouraged for obvious reasons which I feel compelled to point out despite that.

The muzzle blast from most weapons is uncomfortable at the least if your catching too much of it from the guy next door. Please make sure that your not at such an oblique that your affecting shooters next to you.

If your going to shoot on the line please move all the way up to the line. Don't shoot over or slightly to the side behind other shooters. Its potentially dangerous as well as inconsiderate.
    On the steel targets that were way out there, we should have moved to the far side of the line to shoot at these.

Wife took a handful of pics I will try to get up here in the next day or two as well.
    If you guys got any good pics of my wife and kids I would appreciate copies of them?

Again thanks to everyone for an amazing shoot and the outstanding camaraderie. :rockwoot:

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    MR. G thanks for letting me shoot the suppressed skeeter. I know what ill be buying soon.

As for winter training, I can say im an absolute noob at Garys training but am completely comfortable drawing with gloves on. I wore my riding gloves almost the whole day that day and they are perfect for that sort of thing. They even look tacticool:D

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I appoligise, very busy weekend!:D
    931a6045.jpg

Man talk about a :poop: eating grin :laugh:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom