• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MillenniumC5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Wayne County
    I was looking at purchasing a PX4 SC 9mm for CC and was hoping for some input, good or bad, from anyone who has got to try one out.
    Also, if someone knows where one is on inventory in Indiana that I can check out, please let me know.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    I have one. Very nice gun shoots well, feels good. My wife likes it but haven't got her to shoot it yet. On the down side, it is about 27 oz. and a little heavy in my jacket pocket. I basically got it to carry in my car. Not what I would call a pocket gun. Others?

SKSnut

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    I've carried one all day every day for a year. Over 1500 rounds and no malfunctions. I trust it completely. PM me with any specific questions.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    px4sc.jpg

227_1.jpg

Last edited:

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    I've got one and love it. It's a little heavy but I think that's why it shoots so nice. I carry mine in a Beretta OWB holster that I also like very much.

blainepoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 25, 2008
    Hamiltonian
    I've carried one in a supertuck for over 2 years regularly. If the grip works for you, I say go for it. I have big hands so the single stack pocket guns don't work for me. Over 1k rounds with zero malfs. Very accurate for a 3 inch barrel. I've only recently considered switching to a sig for carry b/c I prefer the sights and trigger. This is a compromise though because the beretta is much lighter and more compact. My only real gripe is I don't like the factory sights (mine has the superluminova).

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    I wonder....is the guide rod on that plastic? How is the availability and price of parts?
    the guide rod is plastic, and does feel flimsy but I have had absolutely no problems with mine. I do not know about the availability or price of parts.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    the guide rod is plastic, and does feel flimsy but I have had absolutely no problems with mine. I do not know about the availability or price of parts.
    The reason I asked is that my 90-two has their plastic rod and it effects accuracy. To buy a stainless rod is a bit costly if you can find someone that will make one. The plastic rod and it's inability to withstand extreme conditions along with Berettas refusal to change it is the reason they couldn't get any LE and military contracts and thus scrapped the 90-two. I sort of like the looks of PX4 and think it would be a nice companion to my CX4 (even if in name only) but that considered I think I'll just keep my 90-two.

blainepoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 25, 2008
    Hamiltonian
    Even my brand new sig elite has a plastic guide rod, and it's an all metal gun. I certainly wouldn't stress a plastic guide rod when the gun has a plastic trigger and a plastic hammer.

I also wanted to mention I converted my sub-compact to a type G. I don't like external safeties.

blainepoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 25, 2008
    Hamiltonian
    All the more reason for me to just keep the 90-two and forget about the px4. Just my preference, that's all.

The PX4s are nice guns, plastic aside, but he's looking for a CCW - 90-two is a full-size duty gun. He's considering the px4 sub-compact.

I have one on hold at Gander right now that is used.. Whats a good price on one? I see that they are new at buds for 491..

Check the classifieds at berettaforum.net. That will give you an idea of the going rate. Used ones tend to be in the 400-450 depending on condition and accs. from what I've seen.

blainepoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 25, 2008
    Hamiltonian
    I'd say go for it if the condition is good. I've never seen one listed that low. Only real question is if it fits your hands. I use the large back strap on both my px4s. You could resell it and break even if you don't like it.

I Like Firearms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    I'd say go for it if the condition is good. I've never seen one listed that low. Only real question is if it fits your hands. I use the large back strap on both my px4s. You could resell it and break even if you don't like it.

I ended up buying it today, I don't have huge hands, so I like the smallest one. It looks to be in great condition. Came with speed loader, 2 mags, and original paper work. Im excited about it!

And on a low note.... They left the tag from when they bought it from the previous owner and they gave the guy who traded it in 175 dollars...He must have been super desperate!

Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This isn't really very helpful input, but I really feel like the sub compact PX4 is the single goofiest looking gun in current production. It's so stubby and awkward, but decked out with pseudo-futuristic plastic designing. Sort of like a fat kid who's desperately trying to look cool by wearing, say, parachute pants.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    And on a low note.... They left the tag from when they bought it from the previous owner and they gave the guy who traded it in 175 dollars...He must have been super desperate!
    WTF!!! I wouldn't have paid them more than $250 for it knowing that!!! lol, WOW anyone that would sell ANY Beretta that cheap is just stupid.
    This isn't really very helpful input, but I really feel like the sub compact PX4 is the single goofiest looking gun in current production. It's so stubby and awkward, but decked out with pseudo-futuristic plastic designing. Sort of like a fat kid who's desperately trying to look cool by wearing, say, parachute pants.
    You haven't seen a NEOS then have you?
    neos.jpg

Top Bottom