• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    So I own the Beretta PX4 Storm in 9mm (full-size) and it is a great gun. I would recommend it to anyone that wants a good, reliable, and solid 9mm handgun. I've been interested in the Glock 19 too. Right now the only way I could get my hands on a 19 is to trade in the PX4. Right now the PX4 is my EDC, but it is way too big to carry concealed. Saying that, I do carry open most of the time, but there are some places that I would rather CC than OC and from what I can tell the 19 is easier to CC. From what I can tell they are both pretty evenly matched. What are your opinions on this? Should I try to trade the PX4 for a Glock 19 or what? I would LOVE to try a Glock and am just looking for INGO's opinion on this. Worth it or not?

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    I own neither weapon, but have considered them both for a future purchase. I know when I picked up the Glock, I was pretty impressed, but nothing really struck me. When I picked up the PX4, I felt almost a shock. It felt right in my hand, and really made me feel like it fit. I would suggest going to your local gun shop (Orion's in Jeffersonville is awesome, if you haven't been, btw) and ask to just hold it. Or, if you'd rather, you can go to TGandG in Louisville to the range and rent a 19 and fire a few rounds through it, and see how it feels. Its really what feels right to you.

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    Lol Orion is my LGS. I Love that place and that's where I bought my PX4 and where I'm considering checking into the Glock, if they even have one. The thing about "what feels right to me" is that I have big hands, but I am also very able to adapt to almost anything.

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    @Bigshep- For me, it wasn't really a hand size thing- and I know this sounds corny- but it just felt right. I really can't explain what it was. I guess the best description was the feeling you get in your bed at home and a bed in a hotel. The hotel bed may be a better quality mattress, but there is something about being in your own bed that just feels right. I don't know how to explain it...

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    Lol I know what you mean. Kinda like when I went from the M16 to the M4 in Basic. I did end up warming up to the M4 and loving it over the M16 after some use though. Adaptabilty is what I call that lol. But I really do know what you mean.

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    Lol I know what you mean. Kinda like when I went from the M16 to the M4 in Basic. I did end up warming up to the M4 and loving it over the M16 after some use though. Adaptabilty is what I call that lol. But I really do know what you mean.

Well, like I said, TGandG has an indoor range and gun rentals. Go spend 10 bucks renting the Glock and firing a couple rounds, and compare it to your PX4. They are the only place for a ways that has the range and gun rentals. Easy to find, too.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    The PX4 Storm is an awesome gun, I owned one for a short time then traded it to a friend. In the end i just prefer a striker fired pistol vs a hammer fired DA/SA setup. I like Glock because it's simple, consistent, and reliable.

The Glock 19 is an great gun because it's easy enough to carry in a good holster but big enough to feel like you are shooting a full size gun.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    The G19 is still a "kinda" large gun to CC in my humble opinion. I had one for two years, so that is how I formed that opinion. I feel it would be a little easier to CC than the full sized PX4 though. I don't own the Beretta, but have held them and it felt and looked bigger and heavier than the G19 did to me. I would rather carry the G19 myself, but you might want to look at the G26 as well. It is a great little shooter.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    I had a chance to shoot them side by side a few months back. I had a px4 in 9mm and my son in law has a G19. We both took turns shooting each others hand gun.I found the 19 more accurate compared to the PX4.I also liked the trigger feel when compared to the DA/SA of the PX. The Glock seems more user serviceable and parts can be found readily. I sold the PX and purchased a Glock.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    The G19 is still a "kinda" large gun to CC in my humble opinion. I had one for two years, so that is how I formed that opinion. I feel it would be a little easier to CC than the full sized PX4 though. I don't own the Beretta, but have held them and it felt and looked bigger and heavier than the G19 did to me. I would rather carry the G19 myself, but you might want to look at the G26 as well. It is a great little shooter.

I get what you're saying, the G19 is about as big of a pistol as I would want to carry. I have been carrying my G19 in a Phantom from RCS and with a loose fitting button up shirt it conceals very easily and is comfortable. I do plan on getting a small single stack 9mm such as the S&W Shield for the times that I have to wear tighter fitting clothing.

pokersamurai

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    I have both the Beretta PX4 and the Glock 19 and the Glock is a little easier to conceal in my opinion. However, I carry my PX4 whenever possible because I am much more accurate with it, I like the slightly higher capacity (18 vs 16) and In my opinion the PX4 is the softest shooting 9mm I've ever shot.

If I were forced to choose just one, I would choose the PX4. In my opinion the slight increase in size is worth it to me. YMMV

DSCF5187.jpg

DSCF5191.jpg

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I have to agree with the soft shooting comment. I remember just being amazed at the range of how little recoil it had and how tight I was placing my shots with it. It is one of those guns that it is truly a pleasure to shoot. If they ever came out with a striker fired version of the PX4 Storm with the same rotating barrel design I would be all over it.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Ruger SR9c is a great gun, I have one. Shoots VERY well, easy to carry, reliable. I have found myself carrying my Glock 19 almost exclusively lately which is why I'm actually going to trade mine but the SR9c is definitely easier to carry. What I don't like about the SR9c: external safety, magazine disconnect safety.

dwickstrom

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I carry my G19 everyday no problems used to carry a beretta 96 and was constantly pulling up my pants with my belt so tight it hurt by the end of the day. G19 so much lighter sometimes I forget I am carrying.

ehoward

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    I just ordered a PX4 full size, I just love the way it looks and feels. A lot of friends told me to try out a Glock but it just didn't fit right for me and I'm not a big fan of the squared off look, only in the old school Ford trucks.

Top Bottom