• ...and so much more!
  • Sdixon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Wayne county
    Welcome to Python Challenge

Some of shows ive seen make it look like they are over run with pythons down there.

Ive never been to the everglades; but Id think the areas most accesible by car would have the most snakes, as this is where most of the pets would be dumped.
    I read on their page that a 10ft plus snake can bring 80$ or more.
    If a man could manage to bag a few big snakes, he could probally pay for the trip down there.

Sdixon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Wayne county
    I think they are using it as a pilot to see if a bounty program will draw much interest.
    In my opinion; it should be open season year round, with bag limits for invasive species like these snakes and the feral hogs.

.458socomhunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Tipp Co
    Now would be the time to do it. They tend to slow down in cool weather.

but Id think the areas most accesible by car would have the most snakes, as this is where most of the pets would be dumped.

Except I would venture to say that people probably aren't dumping them anymore. They have been restricted to own there for some time and legislation was recently passed by USFWS declaring them an injurious species thus prohibiting them from crossing state lines. It's been shown that they are reproducing in the wild.

They are quite aquatic and fairly crypic and my guess is that an airboat would prove the best mode of capturing them.

Shooting them? Eh, they're relatively slow compared to many other species. You'd be better served with a sharp machete. Would minimize damage to the skin.

I've worked with Burmese pythons in captivity for 10 years. The situation down there is quite unfortunate.

Top Bottom